Shooting at 4th of July parade

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    Where yat Trickle Chain. AR-10 is the big brother of the AR-15. It’s larger to chamber the .308. Everything is a little larger & barrels run around 18” or more. Some parts interchange but I’m not sure witch ones.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Admittedly, I have looked very little into this event. I have seen 2 or 3 cell phone videos and that's about it.
    But I can confidently say that the gunfire I heard in those videos were not from a 9mm, and they were not from a bolt action or a shotgun.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Admittedly, I have looked very little into this event. I have seen 2 or 3 cell phone videos and that's about it.
    But I can confidently say that the gunfire I heard in those videos were not from a 9mm, and they were not from a bolt action or a shotgun.

Agreed. I read an article where the gun was said to be a S&W M&P15

Edit: not the article I read but says the same.

Apparently the Keltec was found in the car. This Article has a picture of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The picture of this scumbag's weapon I saw yesterday was a badly painted Ket-Tech Sub 2000.

Hardly what I would call; "a high powered rifle!"

Oh! Just saw that was what he had on him when they arrested this pile of sh*t! Principle weapon was an M&P.

Last edited:

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    The scoped AR-10s were brought into play by SWAT members on roofs for overwatch in case the suspect and/or an accomplice were just moving to another position to resume firing. At that time the scene was not secure, and the suspect was still at large.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I’ve never seen a tripod for AR rifles. I didn’t even know that was a thing. Are you guys talking about bipods by any chance?
    where u been man, never seen one of these, makes a world of diff shooting vs holding gun up for hours, i could imagine deff on a stakeout
    1657230969966.png

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    Where yat Trailboss. Do you see the video too. What you said makes sense but I didn’t see any LEO behind the gun.
    Bigchillin, that’s pretty much what was in the 2 videos.
    The Sheriff said the weapon used was a Kel-Tec 2000. Not recovered in the car; (Ammoland video 4:20).
    “There is no evidence the Kel-Tec rifle was used in the attack in Highland Park, Illinois. Ammoland”
    Now I know why I was confused. Sorry I passed on bad info. I though the Sheriff would be a good source.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Where yat Trailboss. Do you see the video too. What you said makes sense but I didn’t see any LEO behind the gun.
    Bigchillin, that’s pretty much what was in the 2 videos.
    The Sheriff said the weapon used was a Kel-Tec 2000. Not recovered in the car; (Ammoland video 4:20).
    “There is no evidence the Kel-Tec rifle was used in the attack in Highland Park, Illinois. Ammoland”
    Now I know why I was confused. Sorry I passed on bad info. I though the Sheriff would be a good source.

They probably weren’t behind the gun at the time. It’s not uncommon for the gun to be set up in advance just in case it’s needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    where u been man, never seen one of these, makes a world of diff shooting vs holding gun up for hours, i could imagine deff on a stakeout View attachment 122082
    Yeah, that’s about what I’d pictured. Can’t imagine dealing with that and trying to be mobile. I’ve used a collapsible shooting stick for night pig hunting, but I think I would pass on the ol’ tripod there.
    So, the KelTec was found in the car and he used a MandP AR for the shootings…

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    So the news said the guy was allowed to aquire a license to purchase a firearm and they mentioned that the rifle was registered in his name…
    I don’t know about Illinois gun laws, but those two statements just wreaked of the PPP (public programming propaganda).

Robert Crimo III legally bought several firearms in 2020 and 2021, including the one he allegedly used to murder seven and injure dozens more on Monday, according to police.

In September 2019, Highland Park police were called to the Crimo family home after he threatened to "kill everyone," Lake County Deputy Sheriff Chris Covelli told reporters Tuesday.
    • Police confiscated 16 knives, a dagger and a sword and then reported the incident to the Illinois State Police, Covelli said.
    • But the ISP says just four months later, it granted the then-19-year-old Crimo a firearm owners identification (FOID) card that permitted him to buy guns.
    Crimo's father, Bob Crimo, sponsored and co-signed the teenager's FOID application. Though FOID card co-signers are "liable for any damages resulting from the minor applicant's use of firearms," Crimo turned 21 nine months before the attack, theoretically ending his father's criminal liability.

What is a FOID Card?​

The FOID Card was created in 1968, by the Firearm Owner's Identification Act (430 ILCS 65), as part of a public safety initiative in the State of Illinois to identify those persons eligible to possess and acquire firearms and firearm ammunition. The FOID card is NOT a "conceal and carry" card. The FOID Act can be found here

Who needs a FOID Card?​

Unless specifically exempted by statute, any Illinois resident who acquires or possesses firearms, firearm ammunition, tasers or stun guns within the State must have in their possession a valid FOID card issued in his or her name. Non-residents are not required to have a FOID card.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Wow, so Illinois has been totally screwed since 1968….
    More like, their "feel good" phony liberal policies have been failing for at least 4 1/2 decades. Amazing how that entire state has been at the mercy of crooked Chicago democrats for so long.

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    Where yat Trailboss. Do you see the video too. What you said makes sense but I didn’t see any LEO behind the gun. ... Now I know why I was confused. Sorry I passed on bad info. I though the Sheriff would be a good source.
    Saw one video where an officer was tacking up into protective gear beside his vehicle, then grabbed what looked like a long AR10 with suppressor and trotted off into the chaos. He may have also had a tripod, but the video was blurry about that time.

Top Bottom