shooting at bass pro

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    has anyone shot at bass pro. ive never been to a range before and thought i might go give it a shot since its close to the house. i looked at the sign on the door the other day and read some of the restrictions and basicly only pistols wich is fine since it looks like its only 25 yds.

Keller

Walmitfahrer #478
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Baton Rouge/Covington
    I've been twice.

$10 range-fee. You can bring your own ammo and targets, or purchase there.

There are the restrictions. Guess I'm not the best judge of distance, but it seemed farther than 25 yrds.

I like it because of location and price, but it's kind of a pain getting your weapons locked at the turnstiles, unlocked by the range-officer (if one's even there), and repeating the process to leave; add in the fact that all these strangers are putting their d--- skinners allover your pieces.

I make it sound very unappealing, but it's really not bad if you plan on shooting for 2 hours or so. Plus it's the only place around BR that I've gone to so it's comfortable.

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    what is finger bang? the 10 times ive been there, i take it out, show them its unloaded and they put a trigger lock on it. hows that fingerbanginging? fingerbanging, to me, is jamming fingers in, and around it.... and playing with it. at least thats what i remember from grade school. id sau what bass pro does is more like first base... not third...

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    I think they only do the trigger lock if you aren't CCW right? I thought you could just leave it holstered and walk to the range. I believe someone else reported that. Would be useless to me since I always take more than one unless I buy my pants big enough for like 4 IWB's LOL.

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    i could be wrong on distance i just glanced around the corner and could see a couple targets setup about 25 out. do you have to make an appointment or can you just show up. as far as the trigger lock i figured that or atleast a lock on the case. i brought my bow there and they locked my case for it.

Keller

Walmitfahrer #478
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Baton Rouge/Covington
    No appointment needed. You might have to wait for a lane, but both times, me and whoever I went with were the only shooters. We had a captivated audience though.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    i could be wrong on distance i just glanced around the corner and could see a couple targets setup about 25 out. do you have to make an appointment or can you just show up. as far as the trigger lock i figured that or atleast a lock on the case. i brought my bow there and they locked my case for it.

That's excessive. You could perch up on the railing with all the animals in camo and snipe so fools with your bow LOL. You cold probably even make street beat. Deadly assassin shoots semi-automatic spear weapon at local retailer.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I think they only do the trigger lock if you aren't CCW right? I thought you could just leave it holstered and walk to the range. I believe someone else reported that. Would be useless to me since I always take more than one unless I buy my pants big enough for like 4 IWB's LOL.

25 yards, no rapid fire, pistols only, pistol locked coming and going if you are not LEO or CCW. LEO or CCW = no lock. LEO shoot free. Only game in town.

usmc-nav

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I recently bought a family pass for $100 a year. My wife, son, daughter, and I can shoot unlimited times for the entire year. I have a CCW and they don't even open my bag to look at anything. The guy that works behind the counter is a nice enough guy and I have not found them anal about the rules.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    When the new BassPro between Houston and Pearland first opened about a year ago, we dropped by. I was told at the door that they would have to inspect and "lock" my carry weapon for me to enter. I showed them my Texas CHL, but they said "No, all weapons had to be locked".
    I told them to go to hell and wouldn't ever go to another BassPro. No Second Ammendment supporter or OC/CC advocate should ever enter or do business with a two-faced outfit like, BassPro !
    leVieux

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    When the new BassPro between Houston and Pearland first opened about a year ago, we dropped by. I was told at the door that they would have to inspect and "lock" my carry weapon for me to enter. I showed them my Texas CHL, but they said "No, all weapons had to be locked".
    I told them to go to hell and wouldn't ever go to another BassPro. No Second Ammendment supporter or OC/CC advocate should ever enter or do business with a two-faced outfit like, BassPro !
    leVieux
    i went there and the guy told me he wished he could give guns away, and if he was named "mr basspro" he would. he thinks everyone should have assault weapons.

ill ONLY shop at basspro. you know. one employee reflects the entire chain, management and philosophy. I LOVE BASS PRO!

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    i went there and the guy told me he wished he could give guns away, and if he was named "mr basspro" he would. he thinks everyone should have assault weapons.

ill ONLY shop at basspro. you know. one employee reflects the entire chain, management and philosophy. I LOVE BASS PRO!

Tell him to talk to the big wigs and lower the prices. I have to drive to Baton Rouge to buy commercial ammo just because they are 3-4 bucks a box plus higher tax.

It is a nice store though and I might have to try out the range since its all of about 5 miles from my house.

I just find them to be generally higher than everyone else. 5 9mm snap caps were like 25.00 in there. :confused:

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I was in Bass Pro in Denham a couple of weeks ago . I strolled down the ammo aisle just for shits and giggles . There were about four guys looking at ammo and commenting to each other about the high prices . I told them about mail ordering ammo and they were shocked . They didn't know you could do that . :)

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    25 yards, no rapid fire, pistols only, pistol locked coming and going if you are not LEO or CCW. LEO or CCW = no lock. LEO shoot free. Only game in town.

So If I go with my girlfriend and I carry all the guns it's no lock? I have a CHP.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    So If I go with my girlfriend and I carry all the guns it's no lock? I have a CHP.

That's what I'd want to know. If it has to be holstered and concealed or if I can walk in with a range bag with 4-5 guns and only one holstered and CCW.

usmc-nav

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    That's what I'd want to know. If it has to be holstered and concealed or if I can walk in with a range bag with 4-5 guns and only one holstered and CCW.

When I go I have take a range bag with 2 or 3 pistols, ammo, and ear protection. No problems. If you dont have protection or glasses they will loan them to you for no charge.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker

I tell them I am carrying with a CHP and walk in with my range bag untouched. If they have a new hire I will show my CHP only, no weapon or opening of range bag. Never had a problem. Show CHP or LEO Commission and walk in.

Top Bottom