Shooting at Liberty Arsenal in Pineville..

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LaBelle

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Near Natchitoches
    Does anyone local in Pineville/ALX have more info on the Friday shooting that left 1 dead, 1 wounded?

I've done business there, and know the owner, but it doesn't sound good from what I've heard so far.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    All I’ve heard is the owner was killed and his brother (the other victim) is currently in the ICU. Apparently the guys came in the door blazing, no further details on motive or suspect I’ve seen. Terrible situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Info on the suspects...

122b1dd080a143bea71edcfebfcc5add.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Makes me wonder if nothing was taken, why the shooting?

Well, it doesn't say specifics in the news, but I'd imagine that the perps took some return fire coming their way. Even if the store owners took the worst of it, it doesn't mean that the perps weren't held back enough to thwart their likely intent to rob the place of expensive NFA firearms and suppressors, which it says the store specialized in. Maybe, just maybe, that second perp is somewhere bleeding out and regretting his life choices.

mathuselah

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    New Orleans, LA
    I visited Alexandria once, and was pleasantly surprised that Liberty was there - I chatted with the owners for an hour while buying a ww2 rifle. The two of them were jovial, conversational, and warm - everything you'd want while investing in your hobby. That really sucks.

Kurt D

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Pineville, LA
    I've done business there; nice place. David always had interesting stuff and I thought was always fair. I've worked with his wife for several years, all around good people.

Word from a RPSO deputy is it was a revenge shooting which sounds plausible as robbery of a gun store with cameras and armed workers and good traffic at that time of day and a lot of LEO and NG customers seems stupid even for these two. Unofficial story so far: The POSs came in earlier that morning to try to purchase, I assume, a gun and they were turned away; as you would expect 2 convicted felons to be by all honest shops. IDK how that part unfolded. The POSs returned later and must have hit the door firing as the owner was hit multiple times. He had no chance, that's all I'll say. His computer and desk was right at the front door. The second person usually is somewhere inside the shop or back table; he too was struck, IDK where and how many times, but he's alive in ICU and under guard by RPSO until the second POS is caught.

It's all on camera. So the POS that turned himself in, already lawyered up, claim to fame is he was only the driver... he's going to be singing like a canary I just hope the judge still turns him every which way but loose. He's already been slapped on the wrist and well, you see the results. The other POS I'm sure is hiding; this was premediated and targeted and he should fry ASAP.

Last edited:

BIGGREEN

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    Story that I got from an informed friend is that the perp ordered a gun online and went there earlier for a transfer and was denied. He demanded his money back and was told that was between him and the place ordered it from. He was pissed because he screwed up thinking that he was going to get over in the situation. Stupid, just STUPID...

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Story that I got from an informed friend is that the perp ordered a gun online and went there earlier for a transfer and was denied. He demanded his money back and was told that was between him and the place ordered it from. He was pissed because he screwed up thinking that he was going to get over in the situation. Stupid, just STUPID...

Poor privileged loser's couldn't handle being told no. I hope they fry but I doubt they will.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    That's horrible.

If he did in fact order a gun online and couldn't pass the background check you can blame the left and the perps for acting like people can just order guns online and through the mail with no background check to speak of. You know with all these loopholes and other bogus bs they spout off.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    That's horrible.

If he did in fact order a gun online and couldn't pass the background check you can blame the left and the perps for acting like people can just order guns online and through the mail with no background check to speak of. You know with all these loopholes and other bogus bs they spout off.
    My thoughts exactly and the two individuals don’t exactly look like the bright Individuals.

Grispy

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Lafayette, LA
    I've been following this story as well. Absolutely tragic. I hope when they find this POS he reaches in to his waistband.... Save the taxpayers a few dollars. A few mags worth of ammo costs less than a trial.

991GT3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I've been following this story as well. Absolutely tragic. I hope when they find this POS he reaches in to his waistband.... Save the taxpayers a few dollars. A few mags worth of ammo costs less than a trial.

That’s way too easy.

Stop sending money to foreign governments. Make room for this arse. Life in Angola should be horrible enough. I’d pitch in $1 per week for his food...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx

Only problem with this ending is that it would probably cost a LEO the rest of his life in prison for shooting a good boy who would never hurt anybody.

Top Bottom