Shooting cattle ::NWS::

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Don't Panic
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Olla, La
    Seems like they could have called in a professional to gather up the cows. What a shame. I have been around many cows in my day.....even some nasty bulls. I dont think two stray cows are all two threatening that they cant call someone in who can deal with them properly.

Hell, even my ol lady can control one of our biggest............city folk, go figure:rolleyes:

8m5lf9lvaxhhvefut1y0.png

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    "They didn't shoot it did they?! Oh no!" :rofl:

How much you wanna bet the people filming ate a hamburger for dinner? What's the ****ing difference...
    Yea but I bet they dident torture there burger first.That was worse than a bad hunter shot on a deer.Atleast the deer know to run from and not to humans.Poor cow prolly thought it was feeding time when it saw something in the cops hands.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    SWAT would have dropped it with one 12ga. slug.

One would hope so. Did they run a toxicology report on the deceased cow (if the Canucks ever actually succeeded in killing it)? It may have been on something.

:D Yeah, I'm sure a slug, .223, or even the .40 to the head (up close) would have done it. Not sure, but it looked like they were going center of mass. Good thing it wasn't a bull that wanted to go out in style.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    When their is a rabid heffer on the loose shoot first then answer questions later.:rolleyes:

I think 5 minutes to come up with a decent plan could not of hurt.

Tim67

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    EBR
    At that range I thought for sure a clean head shot would have brought it down.
    Apparently, at that range, the officer in question wasn't good enough to make a clean head shot. Like the Amadou Diallou (sp?) shooting in NYC, I haven't seen enough to know if the shooting was justified, but I can tell that the marksmanship of the officers involved is embarrassing.

Tim67

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    EBR
    Seems like they could have called in a professional to gather up the cows. What a shame. I have been around many cows in my day.....even some nasty bulls. I dont think two stray cows are all two threatening that they cant call someone in who can deal with them properly.
    Many chiefs/supervisors are too proud to admit that their officers might not be the appropriate people to handle every situation and cops are put in situations that are like sending a carpenter to wire a house or an electrician to frame it.

Last edited:

drumz2129

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Sulphur, La.
    When we used to butcher our cows, we used a old .22mag single action revolver at about 25' through the skull right between the eyes. Never had a problem. I'm sure that a .40s&w would have done the same. We now drop our cows off at a local HS to have them processed.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    It was cow. It going to the slaughter house. It wasn't going on a trip to the Bahamas. I'll eat a cow unless it suffered when they killed it? Unless suffering makes the beef taste bad I don't care.

However, using a handgun round to try and kill such a large animal is a bad idea. Unless you can hit it in the brain. I bet that the 40 S&W HP rounds weren't getting enough penetration to hit the vitals. I agree that a 12 Gauge slug would've been a much better idea at least in terms of being efficient.

Dave

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    For cows? That's why cops need AR15's? You're kidding right?

Obviously the guy can't hit **** with the pistol when he has a cow as a target. So I don't think he could make a kill shot on a bg robbing a bank when the bg is running and firing back. All im saying is a cows head is huge target and 40cal will bring down a hog with one shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Good2go504
    Top Bottom