Shooting Glasses

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crewdawg

F-15 Eagle Crew Chief
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    Amite, LA
    I've looked for a thread about this, but can't find one and I'm sorry if this has already been covered.

I'm wondering about all of you shooters who normally wear prescription glasses, what do you do for shooting glasses? Because I believe that in some matches (IDPA, etc.) you need shooting glasses, so I don't think just your regular glasses will work.

Do you just buy a set of prescription safety glasses and spend the extra money, or is there a type of shooting glasses that fit over your prescription glasses? I'd rather not spend a couple hundred dollars just on a set of prescription glasses for shooting.

Thanks

Last edited:

WB5QBK

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Caddo Parish
    I either buy a set of prescription shooting glasses or just use my regular glasses.
    Lately I am using my regular glasses, but see the need to go to something larger especially with shotgun.

At least the shooting glasses are cheaper than the regular bifocals/trifocals!

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    revision sawfly's with inserts

Photo0650.jpg

Photo0649.jpg

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    My company buys me prescription safety glasses and that's generally all I wear. I don't even own a pair that are not safety glasses.

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    I use prescription inserts, with a "flopped" bifocal in the right eye for pistol so I can see the front sight clearly. I tried ESS but the inserts were too close to the eye because they are on the nose piece, behind the plane of the protective lenses. The result: they were constantly picking up perspiration and oil from my brow and lashes, and fogging from humidity.

I found the Rudy Project Exceptions far superior and now have a frame/insert for pistol and a "normal" prescription for rifle. They place the prescription inserts in the frame itself and the protective lenses, in various colors, ingeniously snap into place on the outside.

The Racing Red lenses really enhance contrast on brown targets, BTW.

http://www.e-rudy.com/index_inner_all.php?group_id=1

The Rudy Projects competition group often offers discounts up to 40 percent through coupon codes on their forum on Brian Enos.

Not cheap but you get what you pay for. Pay once, cry once. What's your vision worth?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom