Shots fired in Kenner

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • owen502

Don't Ban Me Bro
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Photo: Shots fired in Kenner
    by John McCusker
    Monday September 08, 2008, 1:24 PM

large_kenshoot1.jpg

John McCusker / The Times-PicayuneA Kenner Police officer looks over two bullet holes left in the bed of a truck after shots were fired at Airline Drive and Daniel Street in Kenner. Intitial reports say there was an attempted robbery of a business there.

What's up with this? Anyone know?

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    you beat me to it. Story says "handgun" was fired. Is it me or do those holes look a tad larger than a handun round? I was thinking AK or even a 308, anyone know?

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    The story was updated some:
    http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2008/09/photo_shots_fired_in_kenner.html
    No one was injured, but the robber escaped with an undisclosed amount of money from The Wheels and Tire Connection, 1817 Airline Drive, said Lt. Wayne McInnis, Kenner Police Department spokesman.

The robber man entered the business about 12:14 p.m., showed the owner a pistol and demanded money, McInnis said. He ran out the front door with the money.

The owner ran out the back of the business, where an employee and customer were located, McInnis said. The customer, a security guard, ran to the front, found the robber entering a dark red, four-door Mitsubishi and yelled at him to stop.

"He happened to be back there getting a tire fixed," McInnis said, referring to the off-duty security guard.

The robber shot at the security guard, who returned fire, McInnis said. The robber drove off east on Airline.

Two bulletholes pierced the side of a blue truck in the business's parking lot. McInnis said police don't know if the robber's car was been hit or how many shots were fired.

swamper

Curmudgeon in Training
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Pineville
    Those look like exit holes. It also looks like a third hit the upper part of the bed, but didn't exit.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Looks like 3 rounds hit the truck and 2 penetrated. The third round looks like it impacted right where the side rolls to the top of the bed rail.

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    Without a shadow of a doubt those are exit holes.. You can see the metal folded down on the middle hole..

Wonder if they went thru the whole bed or just hit the inside of the bed and came out... either way.. Very lucky noone was killed...

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    Those have got to be the security guards return fire, I really hope a robber wouldn't be capable of a 20" 3 shot group under duress.

Top Bottom