Sig 365xl vs G19 gen 5 MOS vs PDP compact

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    How long has a Gen 5 Glock been around?

Is the Gen 5 different than the 1, 2, 3, or 4?

Is it fair to compare the P320/P365 to the Gen using the track record of the Gen 3/4?

By comparison, the Gen 1’s were not very reliable.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    And sig still can not produce a reliable handgun! P226, a piece of crap, P320 another piece of crap! Issues with both of them. Buy all of them you want but, I will not spend a dime on a sig piece of crap handgun!

I’ve put a good many rounds through a P320 and I have done the same with glocks. The P320 was perfectly reliable and my glocks have been reliable. I’ve talked to SF guys who loved their MK25s. Guess you know something they don’t are maybe you trained more with one. Bottom line is all of the big name guns these days are pretty reliable, basically boils down to what you prefer and are comfortable with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Made it to FRC this morning and rented the 365xl, PPQ, and G48. I went in with a bias towards the PPQ and Sig, but much to my chagrin, the G48 was more accurate for me and felt better in my hand. Not happy about having to use after market magazines to get to more than 10 rounds and that they seem to not be presently available anyway, but it is what it is. The RSO at FRC said I should look at the CZ P10 S. May do that before I go with the G48. I've used plenty of CZ long arms and love them, but I've never fired a CZ pistol.

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    I’ve put a good many rounds through a P320 and I have done the same with glocks. The P320 was perfectly reliable and my glocks have been reliable. I’ve talked to SF guys who loved their MK25s. Guess you know something they don’t are maybe you trained more with one. Bottom line is all of the big name guns these days are pretty reliable, basically boils down to what you prefer and are comfortable with.

I have a friend that is a deputy sherrif that had a P226 that was a nightmare from the first day he got it. Short stroking, failures to eject, failures to extract, no matter what brand or type of ammo or who was firing it. The firearm was sent back to the factory many times, coming back to have been claimed to have been repaired and the same issues continued as before. He finally sent it back to sig and told them to stick it where the sun does not shine! He replaced it with a Glock19 which has never given him any issues. I know him and I trust him more than just talking to some one that I dont know. Also, the P320 had a lot of issues with ads/nds when they first came out of the factory that sig issued a recoil on them. Sorry, but I am not interested in any firearm that sig produces.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Made it to FRC this morning and rented the 365xl, PPQ, and G48. I went in with a bias towards the PPQ and Sig, but much to my chagrin, the G48 was more accurate for me and felt better in my hand. Not happy about having to use after market magazines to get to more than 10 rounds and that they seem to not be presently available anyway, but it is what it is. The RSO at FRC said I should look at the CZ P10 S. May do that before I go with the G48. I've used plenty of CZ long arms and love them, but I've never fired a CZ pistol.

The CZ P10 S is essentially the Glock 26 of the CZ P10 series. It's going to be a bit wider than the G48/P365XL and still only 10+1 capacity.

Be careful dude, CZ pistols have a nasty habit of multiplying quickly.

Mine didn't, thankfully :rofl:

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    Remember fellas, if your pistol’s failing to eject because you’re short-stroking it, that’s either a technique problem or an age problem. Little blue pill will fix the latter.

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    Remember fellas, if your pistol’s failing to eject because you’re short-stroking it, that’s either a technique problem or an age problem. Little blue pill will fix the latter.

I dont think so when the pistol is doing it it's self with many types of ammo, standard, +P and +P+ pressure ammo and many people have tried to fire it and they all get the same results. That pistol was a failure on sig's part. It was a sig issue plain and simple and they could not fix/repair the guy's pistol. Plain and simple, it is on sig!

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I have a friend that is a deputy sherrif that had a P226 that was a nightmare from the first day he got it. Short stroking, failures to eject, failures to extract, no matter what brand or type of ammo or who was firing it. The firearm was sent back to the factory many times, coming back to have been claimed to have been repaired and the same issues continued as before. He finally sent it back to sig and told them to stick it where the sun does not shine! He replaced it with a Glock19 which has never given him any issues. I know him and I trust him more than just talking to some one that I dont know. Also, the P320 had a lot of issues with ads/nds when they first came out of the factory that sig issued a recoil on them. Sorry, but I am not interested in any firearm that sig produces.

You do know Glock had a recall due to malfunctions using a mounted weapon light right? A lot of companies have problems, but to say a tried and trusted firearm is junk because your buddy had one that broke is crazy. If that was the case I’d only use a single shot shotgun because I’ve seen a lot of pistols break and malfunction, it’s mechanical, it will break.

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    You do know Glock had a recall due to malfunctions using a mounted weapon light right? A lot of companies have problems, but to say a tried and trusted firearm is junk because your buddy had one that broke is crazy. If that was the case I’d only use a single shot shotgun because I’ve seen a lot of pistols break and malfunction, it’s mechanical, it will break.

Everyone has an opinion and you are welcome to yours. Glock's malfunctions were not caused by the handgun itself, it was caused by an add on. I dont put any faith into your opinion though. sig still sucks! Buy all of them you want and when they fail and get you or your loved ones hurt or killed, well there you go. And by the way, his sig arrived broke from the factory. And after many repeat returns to the factory, sig still could not fix or repair it! Yeah, so much for quality control! Have a good day!

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Everyone has an opinion and you are welcome to yours. Glock's malfunctions were not caused by the handgun itself, it was caused by an add on. I dont put any faith into your opinion though. sig still sucks! Buy all of them you want and when they fail and get you or your loved ones hurt or killed, well there you go. And by the way, his sig arrived broke from the factory. And after many repeat returns to the factory, sig still could not fix or repair it! Yeah, so much for quality control! Have a good day!

Agreed. It’s perfectly normal for a quality firearm to malfunction with a common weapon light that it has rails to accommodate . I carry a Glock everyday but I prefer Sig. You have a good day as well fine sir.

Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    Now I remember why I haven’t posted much here at Bayou Shooter. Topics like this are like watching people eat different types of cereal with **** instead of milk. And then each person is trying to justify how his taste better.:zombie:
    But then there are a lot of people that tend to know a lot about things they know very little about.
    If this post has hurt your feelings, just send me a self addressed stamped envelope and I’ll send you a tissue.
    I have a little bit of experience with firearms. 20 years in the Corps and 20 as a LEO. In my last 7 years as a LEO, I worked out of the State Police Crime Lab. I fired 1000 or more, different guns a year , in different conditions. I also own several different brands and models of guns. Some I like more then others.
    If you don’t like a gun, for whatever reason, just don’t buy one. Buy what you like, shoot what you like.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DRB88
    Top Bottom