SIG 716

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EonDresari

Curio & Relic
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Anyone have one?
    Just wondering if anyone local (in Louisiana) has one and could give me their own small review of it.

I'm thinking about saving up for one.

bonewagon

Carbon Sasquatch
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Jeff Davis Parish
    I have one here in Welsh area. Had for about a year. Heavy gun, but feeds 7.62 NATO and any weight bullet in commercial .308 Winchester I have fed it. I even have two Promag 20 round mags that feed flawlessly in the SIG as well. I think mine is the second generation model from research I have done. Mine did not come with any Magpul furniture. The butt stock is a SIG produced collapsible model. I will eventually replace it. Overall the gun is awesome, but I like all my guns. The only unfortunate thing about mine is I paid too much. They can be had now for around $1800 to $1900 I understand. I will not get rid of mine. My oldest Grandson really likes it as well. We take it out along with my converted Saiga 308-1 model with Soviet Kobra red dot sight, equally heavy gun. Hope this helps. Just one man's review.

Harrisracing

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Totally agree. I could shoot 1.25" groups with mine and honestly I wasn't trying when running a suppressor and it was actually looking like it was going to be MOA or better...again I was just shooting POA difference with huntertown kestrel .308 and it was really liking the can on the gun.

For a 16" gun in combat .308 I don't think it can be beat for the current prices (if you can find one).

EonDresari

Curio & Relic
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Great! Thanks for the insight guys, sounds like a winner. Hopefully won't be too much longer before I pick one up. :x:

Will have to post pictures once I do.

Kurt D

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Pineville, LA
    If you haven't already found one, Walmart should have a 716 model on clearance starting June 8th. Normal price was $1997 going down to $997. We never got them (Alexandria) but the store in Pineville did carry them.

Harrisracing

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Any possible chance you could tell me if Crowley or Opelousas or anywhere near Lafayette has one in Stock? PM me PLEASE

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

oscar615

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    SE LA
    Do anyone know if any of the walmarts on the Northshore or new orleans area carry the 716? Or maybe southwest Mississippi?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MiyaMarukutsune
    Top Bottom