Sig Mosquito ongoing reveiw

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wadepat2

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jan 10, 2008
    Delcambre,La
    After all the negative comments I got. I had pretty much decided on getting the Walther for me and the wife. I researched a couple other places and had just as many bad comments on the Walther. So we headed out to put our hands on the both again. She was dead set against the Ruger and liked the Walther but said it was way to small. Saw prices for both up to 360 but found both at Academy Sig 299 Walther 269. She liked the Sig so I told her she might get alot of practice with clearing the gun but she still wanted so who am I to deny my wife her first gun. I had 500 rounds left of the cheap junk and 40 of the recommended minimags. I put about 20 rounds of the cheap stuff through it and had a failure to feed. I put 20 of the mini mags and had no problem. I replaced with the lighter spring and put about of 100 of the cheap stuff and the rest of the minimags without even a hiccup. Hopefully it stays that way. Ive read alot about it and it looks like Sig has most of the issues worked out. Ill keep every body up to date good or bad. We will be at Barneys tomm. before lunch if anybody wants to shoot it. Ill reoprt back how it goes. Ive only got cheap Remingtons left so well see.

Last edited:

wadepat2

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jan 10, 2008
    Delcambre,La
    Well brought the wife to the range for my birthday. I can honestly say Im happy with our new plinker. I put the light spring in and shot 40 Rem. bulk with no problems but when I switched to the minimags I had a FTE. I put the spring that came in it back in and shot 100 minimagas with no problems and another 40 Rem. with no problems. I also tried CCI stingers and they wouldnt even run through. Wouldnt load,FTF, or FTE.

So out of 180 rounds only one FTE with the light spring and no problems at all with the stiff spring.
    After you get used to the weird trigger the gun is easy to shoot and was really surprised at how accurate I was with it.
    If anybody has any questions or comments let me know. I just wanted to post what my experience was with the newer Sig since alot of people like them but they have a bad rep.
    If I start having trouble Ill keep everybody up to date.

wadepat2

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jan 10, 2008
    Delcambre,La
    Draggin I finally got back to the range with it. I keep waiting for it to fail with all the horror stories I read but I put another 100 minimags thru it. Fast and slow not one malfunction. If anybody was wondering about the trigger on a Ruger LCP or Mosquito they feel almost identical. Loooong pull, pull weight is light but it doesnt fire until you think your on the back of the trigger guard and you pretty much have to let it go all the way to reset it.

tunatuk

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Ascension Parish
    I hate the trigger pull on the Mosquito. My partner bought one, and we went to our range at work to shoot it...I thought I had pulled it all the way back, far enough for it to fire, and it didn't. Tap, Rack, re-engage. Hmmm. Same thing. Then I realized I needed to pull it another inch or so for it to be a full trigger pull.

It wasn't really that bad. I did have to pull the trigger twice though because I didn't realize how far that thing had to travel.

Top Bottom