Sig p226 VS Glock 19

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    East Texas
    I'm biased towards the SIG, but I'd call them about even in reliability. More information would be helpful...what exactly do you want the pistol to do?

Last edited:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    i would say both are equally reliable. A better question would be which will work better for your carry style. Sigs I have seen with a tendency to rust moreso than the glocks, especially down here when carried on a sweaty body. i am a fan of the glocks, but i wouldn't kick a Sig out my holster either.

Sigs are generally heavier.
    Depending on model, less rounds for a bigger gun.
    More expensive.

TxShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    East Texas
    Open uniform carry? It's a wash. The Glock has an edge on corrosion resistance, while the newer SIGs have a stainless slide. Newer versions of both have flashlight rails. There's no real capacity advantage...the 19 has standard 15 shot mags, or it can take the G17's 17 rounders (or use the older +2 baseplate). The standard P226 mag is 15, but you can get a MecGar that holds 18 rounds or the longer (and much more expensive) 20 shot factory mag.

I'd rate them equal. All depends on which one fits you and you shoot better. The G19 is slightly smaller, so it'd have a leg up as a concealed carry pistol.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    i would say both are equally reliable. A better question would be which will work better for your carry style. Sigs I have seen with a tendency to rust moreso than the glocks, especially down here when carried on a sweaty body. i am a fan of the glocks, but i wouldn't kick a Sig out my holster either.

Sigs are generally heavier.
    Depending on model, less rounds for a bigger gun.
    More expensive.

Well stated.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I have a G19 with "proof marks" I carry you can shoot and buy if you like it. I would have to remove the Glockworx trigger components and replace with new Glock trigger components. Most of my shooting is with G17 or G34.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    The Sig Sauer will be more accurate and reliable. The GLOCK will be more durable. I don't know the weight for either. After carrying a weapon with magazines all day, weight could be a factor in the decision.

Dave

gmounce

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    Denham Springs
    Well said LSP it's not how someone else can be accurate it's how much you shoot your gun and get used to shooting it. I'm a huge glock man. I have a glock 22 40 cal for over 8 years. This gun was under salt water for 3 days in a boating accident, after recovery of sunken boat my glock was still in boat in salt water filled compartment. I got it out it shot right on the spot. I field stripped and cleaned for 10 minutes it still looks brand new on inside. This gun was also left in standing saltwater overnight by mistake and simple 10 fieldstrip and oil still brand new. Sigs are great guns but seem to have rust issues. I would trust either with my life if you are a fantatic about cleaning your gun very ofter. Either gun will suit you well.

missingAZ

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    Morgan City
    I like and own Sigs, but if you put all emotions and preconcieved beliefs aside the Glock is the only choice. You will not regret the Glock and its cheaper, not mention mags are falling off the shelfs at Academy.

-James.

missingAZ

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    Morgan City
    There is that old saying "fear the man with only one gun as he will shoot it well". Just buy the Glock and learn how to shoot it. You will "learn" to overcome any issue you may think you have with ergonomics or feel. I wish I would have had this advice when I started with this gun stuff, would have saved me a lot of cash.

-James.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I've found SIGs to be far more accurate than all polymer pistols save HK's clunky pistols. The stainless slides will assist in corrosion resistance (note: I did not say corrosion proof) as will the Nitron (i.e., Tungsten DLC) PVD coating.

The telling difference between them outside of ergos & trigger pull is MAINTENANCE REQUIREMENTS. The Glock will require less. Period.

Top Bottom