Sig Sauer P226-The best handgun ever made

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hkump

Rating - 100%
    317   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Covington, LA
    I just had to get this off my chest. I've shot many handguns in my life (H&Ks, FNH, Glocks, Brugger & Thomet, Steyr, Springfields, Smith & Wessons), but nothing comes close to a Sig Sauer P226 in 9mm. When you hold the Sig P226 in your hands, the weight feels just right. It's a man's gun. The alloy frame with the stainless steel slide just feels like a "real" gun. After pulling the DA trigger and going into the SA trigger, it's so smooth. The perfect weight of the gun allows almost no recoil when firing. And the accuracy. I'm not a pro at shooting, but the Sig P226 makes me look like a pro when shooting in front of my friends. It's damn accurate. And trusted by the US Navy Seals, Texas Rangers, Ohio State Police, and other elite special forces around the world. It's the best handgun ever made. I love the Sig P226 and trust it with my life. Ok, ranting over.

Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    I shoot a .40 P226 in Limited Major and I keep up with the best of C class. The only issue I have had in thousands of rounds fired is the slide prematurely locking back, otherwise it has run flawless.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Reminded me of Gun Stories with Joe Mantegna.
    I'm slowly moving all of my autos to Sigs with the exceptions of Colt 1911s.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    P6, P228, Sig 556. I've owned a P226 and regret trading it. I agree Sig Sauer makes some quality weapons.

Dave

Sent from my Nokia 920 using Tapatalk

WOLFIE

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Bossier City
    I like the short reset trigger system on the DA/SA models. I also like the phosphate job that Sig does on select pistols. Does anyone have a scorpion model? How does the FDE color look when you have the gun in your hand? Pictures don't really do FDE colors justice. Is the FDE color on the scorpion dark? To give an example, the FDE color on the Sig M11 A1 is dark; it is considered a desert tan color.

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    yeah, it's one of my favorites...

D1AD558D-DFFA-40DA-87C0-F6B1B03AB0CB_zpsbl56xfqc.jpg

Last edited:

trigger643

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Kingwood
    Oh please! Just because I've got a few of them doesn't mean they are the best. But they sure are damned good.

Anybody that is fortunate enough to own the Lorcin knows what real quality is. Everyone knows those 40 wrongful death and personal liability lawsuits were funded by the high volume low quality import manufacturers (Sig, H&K, Hammerli, Pardini -- just to name a few), who staged the accidental discharges and the catastrophic failures through subterfuge and outright sabotage.

Yes Sir. The Jennings designed gun is a real man's gun. Only real men will knowingly shoot a gun that at any moment it's slide can detach and strike one in the face, or that its frame will scatter taking fingers, that is, provided one can get it to fire at all (obviously a few do, as in 1995 it was the most traced for ownership by the ATF with another Jennings design, Raven, coming in 3rd).

lorcincal253.jpg

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Well I'm sold. I'm going to remove one of the two roll pins that hold the breach block in place on my P228 to increase my danger when I fire it. Thanks for that brilliant analogy. :)

Dave

Sent from my Nokia 920 using Tapatalk

D rail

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 2, 2013
    Baton Rouge , LA
    I agree 100%! Couldn't have said it better myself. I have also shot many many different kinds of pistols in all shapes and sizes. And calibers. But NOTHING compares to the Sig 226 9mm Perfectly balanced and SOOOO smooth. I have had my 226 for a little over a year now and it is by far my favorite pistol that I own. (14 total) If the **** hits the fan there's no question which pistol I'm grabbing.

Sig P226 MK25 frame, W.Germany P228, SP2022, P290, P938, and Mosquito

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aboatguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2013
    I was issued many different types of pistols during my 30+ years in the Navy and while the P226 was a decent sidearm I liked the M11 better. Its a little smaller and I could shoot it just as well. As for accuracy the MK23 was easier to qualify expert with, but that was a big honking pistol and not as convenient to carry during a deployment.

In my opinion if you like the 226 you will love a german 228 or better yet an original m11.

Mike

Last edited:

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    Well-said about the p226. I have one, and also a p238, next purchase will probably be a p938. I also have several other pistols: a Beretta 92FS, S&W Model 10, a couple of 1911's, several .22's, some .32 revolvers and autos, but I would consider the p226 as my most accurate and comfortable to shoot. The p238 is also my most convenient carry pistol.

DSC_0285.jpg

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Well, I believe a man should own & carry whichever handgun suits him best. That being said, I had a 226 and had to kick it to the curb for that very reason- even though I think they are extremely reliable, well-made firearms.

But I like to see someone happy with THEIR choice, just the same. :cheers:

Top Bottom