Significant others and guns

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • some_goat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baker/Central area
    Anybody here ever hesitant to tell their significant other about getting a new pistol and or rifle ? For me , i usually end up telling my wife like a surprise . As long as i have known her she doesnt stay mad long , so no long term repercussions so far . I dont think my wife understands that if i can count how many guns i have i dont have enough . She doesnt even know what guns i do and dont have , i can stick it in the safe , pull it out and she would never know i even bought it . Does anyone here even have to hear it when this happens against their approval?

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    Anybody here ever hesitant to tell their significant other about getting a new pistol and or rifle ? For me , i usually end up telling my wife like a surprise . As long as i have known her she doesnt stay mad long , so no long term repercussions so far . I dont think my wife understands that if i can count how many guns i have i dont have enough . She doesnt even know what guns i do and dont have , i can stick it in the safe , pull it out and she would never know i even bought it . Does anyone here even have to hear it when this happens against their approval?

Just "surprised" the wife with a new suppressor. "but honey, I bought this 8 months ago". Lol

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    My famous words..."what new gun? I've been having this!" Lol.... I used to whenever I'd buy myself a new gun, buy her something with diamonds. That kept me out of hot water a lot.

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    the excuse im using now is that it is for my son..................he only ten weeks old .

Been there, done that. The day my son was born I went to Puglia's on the way home from the hospital and put a shotgun in layaway. Got a Browning catalog from them and when I went back to the hospital I brought the catalog and showed him a picture of the shotgun. A youth model 20 ga. pump. I think my wife has a picture of me showing my son the catalog. Lol....

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Try explaining that 3 of the 5 guns you came with are not yours!

Baby, I didn't get 5 guns, just two, oh the others I'll make money off of when their holster is ready! Lets not talk about the 1911(s) in the room!

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    My wife really hates that saying now after almost 14yrs, "easier to ask for forgiveness than permission". It makes her look like this :curse: :nono:

Which makes me look like this!!! :help: :wtc:

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    One thing to remember is that if you buy from an individual or pawn shop there are no returns. :D

But no man wants to be the guy at gun counter of Academy trying to return a gun!!!! :(

You: I would like to return this.
    Sales rep: And why are we returning this today?
    You: My wife bought the exact same one for my birthday without me knowing, I love her so much!!! (with a fake ass smile) :D
    Sales rep: Ok sire no problem.

After you walk away..........

Sales rep: That guy got his ass chewed out by his wife and in some serious trouble!!! :rofl:

some_goat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baker/Central area
    The wife used to work in sporting goods at wal mart in Texas. She said all sales for that stuff was final . God i am blessed with the most wonderful simple woman ever. Cute as a button and nit high maintanance . She's laying next to me and I asked her again 'sweety , can u return guns and ammo ' to which she just replied ' no ' all sales are supposed to be final'.

Top Bottom