Silence of The Gouger Thread

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Mine today started about 2 weeks ago at Sherburne when i met some old range trool that has to stop at every table to see what's going on...

So he stop's at mine when i'm taking a break and ask about my M1-A.

So to be nice i tell him it's a new rifle and i'm trying out a few reload's to see what she like's, Cool so far.

Then we talk about how hard brass is to come by nowday's and he tell's me his cousin has a drum of Lake City brass that he and his brother had bought several year's ago and now were selling off some.

Ok, I get his cousin's number and call him later that day for price's, 90.00 per 500 and 165.00 per 1k.

Not a great great price, But a fair price. So we set up a meet a few day's later below New Iberia.

Meet the guy and i had my mic's with me so i checked out a few piece's in each bag. No doubt i would need to work it a bit since this is machine gun brass, I paid the man and informed him i may need some more soon,

No problem, Just call me...Still cool.

So, Fast forward to today and i call old boy up and tell him i'm interested in another 1k.....

Old boy tell's me, My brother and i been on the internet and we are charging the same as them.

Me, Oh yeah, How much ?

Old boy, 200.00 per 1k

Me, 200.00 ! Man i'm no longer interested.

Old boy, Why not, That's what the price is on the internet !

Me, Because i can sit at home on my fat ass and order all i want off the internet for 200.00 per 1k

Old boy, ..........silence............. Trying to recover....Uhh....Uhh.... I need to talk to my brother and see if he can come down some....

Me....I'm not interested unless you go back to the same price 2 week's ago....

Old boy, Uhh, Let me talk to my brother...I can call you back after i talk to him..

Me, You do that, You know my price, Later man...

That's my little gouger story for today, I'm not holding my breath on these 2 old mullet's to call back !!!!

I'll just buy off the net....!

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Pull the ol Rick from Pawn Stars.... "I can ask whatever I want on the Internet, but it doesn't mean I'm going to get it." Seems to work for me so far. Most guys are trying to get the most that they can right now, but have no clue on how to haggle. Counter their offer and they almost always fold. Hope you get your brass at a reasonable price.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    16.5 cent's per case is a fair price for a reloader in this cal. But for these 2 old mullet's to jump 35.00 in 2 week's cause they been on the internet...I'm like blow me old man, I know how to shop for brass...lol, Thank's for the advice, BTW, Widner's has it for 1k delivered to my door for 210.00

Pull the ol Rick from Pawn Stars.... "I can ask whatever I want on the Internet, but it doesn't mean I'm going to get it." Seems to work for me so far. Most guys are trying to get the most that they can right now, but have no clue on how to haggle. Counter their offer and they almost always fold. Hope you get your brass at a reasonable price.

Last edited:

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Going up $35 in 2 weeks is gouging? And here I thought the people buying the $700 AR's from walmart and listing them for $1500 the next day was considered gouging

surfingwta

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2012
    Gouging is selling something inflated at times of crises for needed items.
    I hardly view this as gouging.
    He is asking higher than you are willing to pay or higher than you can purchase from other sources.
    This is more of a bait & switch on the prices which makes him a douche but you have the option to not buy.

If your power was out for a week and he was charging $20/gal for gas or $10/bag of ice, that is gouging.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    It's attemped gouging, I had informed old mullet 2 week's ago that i have a friend who may be interested in 1k @ 165.00.
    As far as the analogy of power being out you've now divided it between need/want.

Gouging is selling something inflated at times of crises for needed items.
    I hardly view this as gouging.
    He is asking higher than you are willing to pay or higher than you can purchase from other sources.
    This is more of a bait & switch on the prices which makes him a douche but you have the option to not buy.

If your power was out for a week and he was charging $20/gal for gas or $10/bag of ice, that is gouging.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Why is every statement on this site suddenly over analyzed, what happened to just someone telling a story and conversing in online conversation? who cares if its technically gouging or not?

Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    Why is every statement on this site suddenly over analyzed, what happened to just someone telling a story and conversing in online conversation? who cares if its technically gouging or not?

Diversion. Ppl try to derail these threads quickly.

Gator is $165/1k the going rate unprocessed?

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington

Because ever since the scare started in December people make at least 2 bitch threads a day about prices always calling it gouging without understanding the definition of gouging.

We get it. Demand is high which makes prices high. Don't like it? Don't pay it. Sit on a waiting list for many months with the other ten thousand people hoping you can get in on a deal OR pay more to get something now.

Supply is limited because demand is high. If people would stop demanding so damn much, supply would return causing price to go down. It's not rocket science. It's basic supply and demand taught in high school.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Sorry to thread jack, what about the whole 'in stock' when you order. 'indefinite backorder' after the fact. Can we please update our website accordingly?
    I agree that is totally wrong especially if they bill you with out immediately shipping, like red-x arms does.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    [. Naa carry on man, I'm at Sherburne...Not a soul in sight on either range...Just to update anyone that is thinking a out shooting today ...Later. QUOTE=Treadwisely;1227885]Sorry to thread jack, what about the whole 'in stock' when you order. 'indefinite backorder' after the fact. Can we please update our website accordingly?[/QUOTE]

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jp3544
    Top Bottom