Skeet semi auto........

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kguidry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    My son and I do quite a bit of skeet and trap we both own several semi auto shotguns our two favorite's are Beretta 391 Teknys and Remington 1110. I know a lots of people dislike the Rem 1100 due to cycling issues but I am a Gunsmith and will tell you 98% of 1100 malfunctions are due to not cleaning or improper cleaning or improper assembly of rings (no oil on piston sleeve) this gun loves to be dry and the o ring needs to be tight solvents destroy the o ring, clean with soap and water and reinstall. 1100 is the lightest recall on the market still to this day amazing.

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    Use it all you want, you aint gonna wear it out! What model did you end up getting?

It's the "Walmart 390" very nice, I don't know why they would change the gas system this thing is so easy to take down and clean. i do wish it had a bolt hold open, it is a pain in the ass to load the first round. I shot some skeet with it at the b-day bash and was VERY pleased with it's handling and accuracy.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    That gun should hold the bolt open when it is empty. Say you shoot all 3 shells that are in it, and the bolt stays open, and you close it for some reason. You need to depress the little button on the shell lifter, just in front of the trigger guard (on the bottom). If it is not locking back when the last round is fired, you need to clean out the trigger assembly real well, and remove the bolt release button and clean the crud out from underneath it.

The gas system changes with the 391, is that the exhaust valve and spring are mated to the barrel, and you can adjust the spring pressure on that valve by the 2 spanner nuts that hold it all together, whereas on the 390 you need a new spring to adjust it.

Top Bottom