Slidell Gun Show

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WHEELER

Don't Tread on Me
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    oldsman350 I remember the last time they had the slidell gunshow I was cruzing around the tables and came across an AR180 just sitting their all buy its self for $600. Of course the wife didn't let me make a withdrawl from my DOD budget. Hopefully it might be there again cause I'd deffinetly like to try and trade my XD.45 for it. Either the AR180 or I'd love to get a berretta 92 I'm in love with that pistol.

I saw an ar180, forget the price but it was over 1k... want to say $1600

The prices at cabelas and acedemy were better than the ones I saw on production guns. On surplus, just take the price from most distributors and double it, I saw a sanitized Mauser for $350 and a russian SKS the guy wanted $450 also Colt SP1 $2000.

I will stick to the beef jerkey, obama stickers, and airsoft items. :rofl::rofl:

Last edited:

Crawdaddy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Slidell
    I went. Same ole same ole, but better than the last one I went to. I picked up a Glock G19 for 425. Not bad, I have been looking. Lots of handguns and rifles on tables, some priced better than others. I hoped to sell my G22 gen 2 with lasermax but had no luck. I left by 11am.

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    Gun shows are no longer an interest to me, I'm not paying 8 bucks to go see junk. I can get a better deal on Glock through the GSSF program, and buying through a local dealer for other stuff keeps them in business. Gun shows are a thing of the past, years ago was great, but now like everything else, the thrill is gone.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Anybody ever trade a gun with a dealer selling something at a table. Just curious as to how they operate with trades.

They normally allow you 50% to 60% of the value of your gun on a trade or the same amount with them buying your gun outright.

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I went today, this show pure sucked. I think the only one worth going to is the one in Kenner. There prices today were astronomical. Luckily, I had planned to go to Honey Island anyway, so the day wasn't wasted

Snookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Lizzard Creek/ Springfield,La.
    Gun shows are no longer an interest to me, I'm not paying 8 bucks to go see junk. I can get a better deal on Glock through the GSSF program, and buying through a local dealer for other stuff keeps them in business. Gun shows are a thing of the past, years ago was great, but now like everything else, the thrill is gone.

EXACTLY!!!!

Gun Shows like encyclopedia's years ago great; today not so much!

Encyclopedia.jpg
    [/IMG]

Todays gun show/ Good ole Boy Customers LOL

0201.jpg
    [/IMG]

bronzdragon

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Yardley, PA
    I went on Saturday. Unfortunately, due to work scheduling, I rarely get to attend a gun show in this area. I forced myself to get up early and went and spent an hour just as it opened. I could of easily spent 3 hours looking around. I will agree that I didn't see "great" prices compared to places on the net or local dealers.

I think the price of admission was fully worth it, just to see the variety of guns and other things that I don't get to see up front on a usual basis. And the variety I've seen in local Slidell stores is pretty slim.

Anyway, I guess I'm in the minority here, but I had a good time ... although I had to limit my viewing to just handguns as I was short on time. Would have loved to look at the rifle tables.

~rc~

Top Bottom