So a Sig P220, a Springfield XD 45 and 150 rds walk into a range

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Now stop me if you have heard this before....

Ha ha... I had to come up with some type of catchy intro here. But honestly, this is a comparison between the 2 weapons. I acquired a Springfield XD 45 the other day and today was the first time I was able to get to the range.

Here are some specifics. My Sig is a W German (manufactured around 1988). I've had it almost as long. It's shot at least 10k rounds through it. I've used it to shoot NRA Action Pistol, I.P.S.C and IDPA matches as well as carry. So a safe queen, it is not. It still has the factory sights!

Enter the new kid on the block. A Springfield XD 45 service edition with factory sights. Round count isn't that much; but...

So I picked up 3 boxes of 45 acp. 1 box to shoot the new Springfield and then the other two for my test.

287657640_rYLZq-L.jpg

So now this was done INDOORS (at precision) at 30'. Both guns fired 50 shots, steady target style shooting.

The verdict?

Here is the Springfield XD's results.

287658605_zmpaG-L.jpg

Here is a close up:
    287658357_6mBJL-L.jpg

And now, old faithful....
    I have no idea where that flier came from. It happened about half way thru!
    287658851_C68YR-L.jpg

287659390_DRGJm-L.jpg

Close up:

287659697_f8EE2-L.jpg

My initial impression of the Springfield?

It's a nice gun. It reminds me a lot of my first generation Glock 21 I bought new back in 1991 and carried daily, but smaller and more compact. The trigger feels better than the Glock too.

All I'm going to say is that I am really impressed with the Quality and build of the XD and think that it is DEFINITELY a good choice/addition to the Sig...

But for now, the Sig still rules the roost!

IonicDOG

Hacker
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    Houma, LA
    When I got my XD .45 full size the trigger was kinda stiff, after about 500-600 i've put through it so far, the trigger is way better.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    5-6lb striker fired pistol vs a 4.5lb single action pull, slow and steady that light single action pull should help you out. Plus more experience with the weapon.

That said, nice weapons and even a bad day shooting is better than a great day at work!

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I'm glad you like it. :)

The XD is a better gun than people think, especially once it gets broken in.

Your groups will improve too, that was the first time you shot it...very nice.

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    I'm glad you like it. :)

The XD is a better gun than people think, especially once it gets broken in.

Your groups will improve too, that was the first time you shot it...very nice.

Thanks again man...

I am really impressed with the way it functions and such. It's DEFINITELY a good addition. And you are right about the trigger. I just need to put another good 2-3k rounds through it and do this again to see....

Top Bottom