So, I need a ATV trailer. Where is a good place in Baton Rouge to get one?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    I had a great experience with southern trailer world in thibodeaux. They had the best price by far, and were the only people I called who didn't try and tell me what I needed, rather told me what they had in what I was looking for.

bozakz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Pine Grove, LA
    I bought a 16' trailer from City Trailer Sales in Port Allen. I called around and they were cheapest around. This was 5 or 6 years ago

laduckkiller

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Zachary, LA
    All my trailers are from Mike Geralds. Might not be the absolute cheapest, but high quality and customizable for no extra money (if you wait a week or two). Something to think about...Only thing I would have different on my 5x8 is to move the jack further back or have a pivoting jack installed that way it is much easier to use behind a bike and won't drag the jack.

drumz2129

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Sulphur, La.
    If you are willing to make a drive to get one (I'm not sure it is worth it for such a small trailer) I would check out tiger trailers.
    http://www.tigertrailersoutlet.com/single_axle_trailers
    They are manufactured right down the road from where Big Tex trailers are bye people that used to work for Big Tex. In '08 I bought a 77"x12' w/ side loading ramp and pipe rail, had a spare tire w/ carrier added and was out the door for $875.00. Before driving there I priced the same trailer (with no spare or side gate) and local prices were 1200-1600 depending on the manufacturer. I can fit a full size ATV up front with the side gate and either another ATV or UTV on the rear.

Aggieddad02

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Alexandria LA
    Having owned a 5X8 utility trailer, they are just to short to back up easily. Generally with a short trailer they have a short tongue. I sold it and got a 5X10 with a longer tongue and it is by far easier to back up. Also got the trailer guy to put a wheel on the front jack that has a pin in it so the wheel can be taken off for more ground clearance. Good luck with your search.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    Which one did you go to ? The managers are both good friends of mine Brad on Airline or Dave on Florida. Tell them to give you the Todd discount. lol

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Which one did you go to ? The managers are both good friends of mine Brad on Airline or Dave on Florida. Tell them to give you the Todd discount. lol

Thanks. I just called to get info. They described the trailers and they sounded good to me. I'm just wanting a basic ramp ATV trailer with a wood floor. Don't need any thing too fancy. I'm going to be upgrading from a Three Wheeler to a Four Wheeler that is too big to drive up in the back of my little truck. I've been needing a Trailer anyways. It'll be nice to have all my hunting stuff loaded all the time where I just have to hook up and go. :D

PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    I know this may be out of your size/price range, but when I wanted a trailer for two 4wheelers, I found this;
    Quadrunnertrailer.jpg

It is 13'x5' and has a dovetail which makes the gate shorter and lighter, and decreases the angle driving up the ramp.

I paid about $1100 for it back in '07, but I doubt they're much more nowadays. If you are interested, I'll go out and read the mfg's name and # off the tounge.

stormrider54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dutchtown
    I was at CIRCLE R TRAILER SALES today. Owner was very nice, not pushy and aiming to please. I am looking for enclosed trailer for my motorcycle. So far it looks like I'll purchase from him. (still looking)

You may want to give him a call ((225) 622-0969 Craig Bruno) and tell him what you are looking for. Located @ intersection of Hwy 42 & Hwy 44.
    Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    mike933
    Top Bottom