So.... I want a flashlight

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    East Texas
    Simply amazing.

I called Malkoff, as his drop-in looked to be ideal. He doesn't take phone orders; he's only set-up for web orders using that communist Pay-Pal. Lost sale, buddy.

What's the point of listing a phone number if he doesn't take phone orders?

I saw the Scorpion LED on the rack at Bass Pro in Bossier in '05. Hadn't seen any user reports til now. What exactly is the C4 LED, anyway? Cree seems to be the hot setup; SureFire uses the Seoul SSC in the P60L.

TxShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    East Texas
    I did some poking around the Streamlight website. The ad there for the Scorpion LED says, "C4 LED is 2X brighter than a Super high-flux LED – up to 7,500 candela (peak beam intensity); 120 lumens. Up to 3.5 hours of runtime to the 10% output level."

The "fact sheet" and "info sheet" have conflicting runtime charts. On the "fact sheet" it says the light starts at 120 lumens and runs regulated for 2.5 hours. At 2.5 hours the output is shown as 98 lumens; at 3.5 it's fallen to 12.

The "info sheet" also starts at 120 lumens. At 2.5 hours it's only dropped to 110 lumens; by 3.5 it says 13.

Under "news" they announced that the Stinger LED and Stinger LED DS have been upgraded to the C4 LED. They claim output is doubled over previous models; new figure is 140 lumens or 18,000 candela. I realize candlepower and lumens don't convert readily, but it seems odd that something with over twice the candelas is only 20 lumens brighter. FWIW, the original ad copy for the Stinger LED was 80 lumens.

Last edited:

Nick

a.k.a. Nick™
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    well, I think I have found what I needed.

I picked up a "Coleman Max" 2AA light, it's 119 lumens and it appears to be manufactured by Cree with the Coleman private label. Between this light and a 2AA Maglite I already have I'll have everythign covered, the Maglite works fine for navigating to the stand, the Cree light is awesome for "putting some light on the subject"

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    *I can't stand listening to a generator at night
    *My campmates think they are the uber smart ones by buying these extremely large loud generators that drink way too much gas, whereas I'm holding out to buy a Yamaha Inverter style that'll be super quiet, reliable and efficient... I just don't have it yet.

Note point, when I was shopping before I bought my Honda I was trying to decide between the Honda and Yamaha. I needed an unbiased source as they were still so new there were no reviews that I could find. I phoned a retailer just outside of London. Confused he says "You know I can't sell you either one, correct?" I told him I knew that and that's why I called, he had no stake in the purchase so I wanted his honest opinion and that of his customers. He said the Hoinda hands down, if the Yamaha were a lot less expensive it's be worth a try, but the Honda had much better quality and was more reliable. Also quieter in his opinion.

Top Bottom