So... Im Fat

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clay7160

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2010
    Abbeville, LA
    04/08/2011 445lbs Starting weight, 5'10", 37 years old

05/08/2011 420lbs -20lbs

06/08/2011 396lbs -24lbs

07/08/2011 376lbs -20lbs

08/09/2011 358lbs -18lbs

09/09/2011 340lbs -18lbs

10/07/2011 324lbs -16lbs

11/10/2011 307lbs -17lbs

12/01/2011 299lbs -8lbs

01/01/2012 286lbs -13lbs

02/05/2012 273lbs -13lbs

03/08/2012 263lbs -10lbs

04/08/2012 255lbs -8lbs 1 YEAR ANNiVERSARY TOTAL LOST 190lbs !!!

05/08/2012 248lbs -7lbs

06/08/2012 241lbs -7lbs

07/08/2012 233lbs -8lbs

08/08/2012 227.5lbs -5.5lbs

09/08/2012 225.5lbs -2lbs

10/08/2012 218lbs -7.5lbs

11/08/2012 213lbs -5lbs

12/08/2012 210lbs -3lbs

01/08/2013 207lbs -3lbs Think i might try for 199lbs by 2 year anniversary

Angus007

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    malemeasurmenttracker.jpg

This is what I am looking. I like your sharing, its really helpful to observe the difference. Thanks for sharing this thing, i am gonna print out this and check out my self according to this chart. Do you have other stuff like that? if yes then please share.

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Thanks man. I have been holding steady 245-250 for about 5 months(down from 280). this gym is going to be opening in a couple weeks and its time for me to do something more. I have been taking 3 aleve in the morning for a good while and I have been having NO pain at all in my back. My ankles have been doing ok sense I have gotten good shoes. I am hoping to workout before work at around 5-6 then head to work.

IM sure the first couple weeks will suck but I hope to gain more energy and just feeling better about myself from working out. I feel pretty positive that I am going to stick with it and I know if I don't I can post here and im sure you'll kick my butt about it and give me some inspiration :p. Clay is just a huge inspiration, shows it can be done with a lil know how and a good attitude.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I recently started crossfit/circuit training and having something like that makes you go more. Its ridiculous how it makes you feel accountable.

Good luck with everything!

screamingdemon

Firearm & DSM Junky
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2007
    Cotton Valley, LA
    A good diet and a very good workout routine does amazing results. I was 190 several months ago. After adjusting my diet and busting alot of ass doing P90X I dropped over 30lbs and have been able to maintain that weight till this day.

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Thanks man. I have been holding steady 245-250 for about 5 months(down from 280). this gym is going to be opening in a couple weeks and its time for me to do something more. I have been taking 3 aleve in the morning for a good while and I have been having NO pain at all in my back. My ankles have been doing ok sense I have gotten good shoes. I am hoping to workout before work at around 5-6 then head to work.

IM sure the first couple weeks will suck but I hope to gain more energy and just feeling better about myself from working out. I feel pretty positive that I am going to stick with it and I know if I don't I can post here and im sure you'll kick my butt about it and give me some inspiration :p. Clay is just a huge inspiration, shows it can be done with a lil know how and a good attitude.

Don't forget that living in Slidell you are surrounded by some great "natural gyms". The Tammany Trace, as I'm sure you know, begins in your back yard and stretches all the way to Covington. I hike or bike the trace as often as possible. Often i'll get on in Slidell and head down to Fountainebleau State Park, hang out on the beach and have a little lunch then do the 5 miles of trails in the park and then cross hwy 190 and hike or bike the Northlake Nature Center trails. Another good trip is putting in at Mandeville and heading up to Abita Springs to the Abita Brew Pub for a snack and then on to Covington. Don't laugh until you've tried it. It's a serious workout but so much fun that it doesn't feel like a workout. If you want something more remote you have the trails at Big Branch National Wildlife Refuge on 190 between Slidell and Mandeville and the trails at Bogue Chitto State Park.

Last edited:

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Yea, I know I live in slidell but I have never been to these places are know where they are. I'll have to look them up. I love going hiking with my pup. Good exercise/fun for both of us

clay7160

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2010
    Abbeville, LA
    Remember one day at a time, and if you fall off course, you can restart with a better choice for your next meal (don't wait till tomorrow or next week)... i am only 7 lbs from my goal of 199lbs and have a little over 2 months to get there, in 2 years time...good luck to anyone trying to lose..

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Just got back from the gym.. went from 5-6:45 did 30 on treadmill, 20 on the elliptical, 30 on the bike and them some more leg exercises on a few different machines. Felt good go sweat, really excited about it. I think I am mature and determent enough this time to get the job done. Its the first day, I know but I feel like I have the mindset to stick with it.

It definitely made me realize just how hard it is to work off calories, its going to make me think before I eat something...... How much longer am I going to have to spend on this elliptical to burn off that burger???

I came home and had a 2 egg omelet about to go shower and I feel great :).

Should I have something to eat before my workout to kick start my metabolism or wait for after? Not sure whats best... maybe have a granola bar on the way to the gym then some fruit after? whats best?

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Well just remember that you have to have GOALS! and most importantly a PLAN!

If you wing it, it will wing you eventually.

Set a goal and WRITE OUT a Plan of action. Go get you a Moto Calendar and WRITE OUT your plan on it. Make it realistic.

Set small goals like '0' Fast food for the first week, or '0' Soda for the first 14 days or '0' Bread/Starch foods for 72 hours.

Set up these little goals piece by piece ON the Calendar and hang that dude on the Fridge DOOR!

Also remember to rid your pantry of the toxic poisons it contains. You can't eat that Fudge Round or that Bowl of Apple Jacks if it's NOT THERE TO EAT!

Having a plan is setting yourself up for success, no plan is to set yourself up for failure.

Have you talked to anyone at the gym? Met someone? It’s good to find a Gym Rat for a friend. Someone who will call and say, *Hey dude, where the hell are you? Haven’t seen you for a couple days at the gym?* and you have to be there for him/her, you might have to make that call too. It works both ways.

Remember most folks at the gym who are in shape weren’t always. They’ve been where you are. Yea some are jackasses who have forgot, but most are friendly and don’t mind sharing advice. It’s why they are there! b/c they CARE about Fitness. You don’t go to a gym is you don’t care about fitness ;)

Remember the motivation, remember the Goal, make your plan available to you at all times so you can see it.

Drink more water, less EVERYTHING ELSE and eat a Salad a day lunch or dinner. No SNACKS after 7:00p.m.

You got this Bro!

Last edited:

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    thanks for the tips. I went with my GF this morning. she is going to be my workout partner for now. I like the idea of breaking down my goals into short term achievable goals.
    thanks again for the inspiration

abner

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    There are already given most effective tips by all of you. According to me running is best exercise for this purpose. You should run about 60 to 90 minutes in a day. You should also concentrate to your diet. Take low fat and carbs in your diet. You can also take some other cardio exercise like swimming.

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Alright..... So Planet Fitness was NOT working out for me.... It was always packed and had a bunch of young kids always acting stupid in there. I lost a few pounds but nothing like I should. I kinda forgot how to workout, I never could get a really good sweat going, never got a good burn....SO A friend of mine is a trainer at gymmatrix and she gave me a good deal on a membership. I get 3 group training sessions a week and 24hr access to the gym. No more than 7 people to a training session. I get access to any of the personal trainers whenever im there if I need any help. So, still working at it....... very slow going tho.

Top Bottom