So, Let's talk AR-15 two point slings

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XD45ACP

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 26, 2008
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    I have recently completed my very first AR build. It consists of a PSA Mid length lightweight hammer forged upper, Magpul hand guards, Troy folding rear battle sight, Essential Arms lower, PSA MOE build kit, and a Noveske QD end-plate. I want to get a good sling for it. I'm thinking one of those padded VTAC or VCAS slings. I like the ability to pull it in close to your body for when I'm riding an ATV (on private land) or just walking through the woods.

My plan is to add another qd mount to the upper somewhere, I've handled one with a qd mount near the front of the receiver and that seemed to give me the feel I'm going for. However, all I have really found that would work with my current set up would be adding a qd mount to the fsb, while I'm not opposed to this, I don't know if that would give me what I'm looking for. I do not wish to change my hand guards.

What kind of sling are you using? How are they set up? Suggestions?

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I use a VTAC padded on QD loops with a QD port on my ergo f93 and one just in front of my receiver. Its a good set up. I also have a magpul ASAP for single point if i desire.

409381_10150465196161891_640896890_9037559_93129998_n.jpg

401752_10150465195016891_640896890_9037558_1725887994_n.jpg

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    This
    http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/rotation-limited-quick-detach-sling/

Plus

http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/category/mount-n-slot/sling-adapters/

Plus a QD SLING plate underneath the tube is my choice

A QD will allow quick movement to a single point once you add the two to 1 plate & it will hang right behind the receiver (where you want it) and not at the end of the stock.

You could also do an ASP sling plate and add an HK hook to the front (like Speedracers), and you can still switch it to the 2 to 1 and get a single point.

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Mount it directly to the handguard. You can spend the cheese on one of the purpose made mounts, or bust out the the drill and do something like this...

emdom_2.jpg

That's if you want a snap hook, you can also do a QD point basically the same way. Jmcrawf1 went tht route and it came out slick, there was a thread here not long ago about MOE sling mounting with pics.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Vtac Sling. The padded ones are kinda silly unless your hanging something crew served off of'em. Or unless your my partner in which case you will get all offended and explain to me how it makes it easier to focus on your shooting.......waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Vtac Sling. The padded ones are kinda silly unless your hanging something crew served off of'em. Or unless your my partner in which case you will get all offended and explain to me how it makes it easier to focus on your shooting.......waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I guess we know which one of you too is the "bottom".

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I got the padded. WIsh I hadn't. Unnecessary bulk.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    So does anyone else make a 2 point sling as good as VTAC? I've been seeing lots of mount discussions but not much discussion of the slings themselves.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I like the VCAS better than the VTAC, and the Emdom Gunslinger better than both of those. But I'm only pseudo-elite, so take it for what it's worth.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I have a Vcas, a Vtac & an Ares Armor Husky Amendum (I think thats the name), and the Ares hangs in there with the best of them (in my humble opinion)

I have never tested the Edmon but seems to be a hot item impossible to find, much like Vanilla Gorilla special holster :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sollidus_
    Top Bottom