So my first range trip with my TLR-2...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ton

bang bang
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 19, 2006
    New Orleans
    only put 100rounds of 9mm and 100 rounds of .40 with the light/laser combo so far. it was mounted on my G22. the led light is bright, very bright. :D

so far its pretty badass for 250 bucks!

anyone else have one?

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I have a TLR-1 on my duty weapon and LOVE IT. Searching a dark house it cant be beat. I dont practice with it on the weapon tho, gets too damn dirty.

post whore chance:
    glocksandsig2.JPG

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    what did you clean the lens with? I still have some smudges on mine from the entire 100 rounds I shot with it mounted.

Y.T.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Central
    I've always thought that hanging something off the front of your gun would throw off the balance. Has anyone had any issues with this? Do you find it hard to adjust back to shooting with out it after you have shot with it?

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    the light isnt that heavy, I dont notice any difference in the way the gun points with it on, I havent shot with it much on there, but I have cleared many buildings, cars, etc. and it feels natural.

shooting with it on is pretty nice, it does reduce muzzle flip a bit, not that my G17 had much to begin with.

Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge, More or Less
    The trick to keeping the lens clean is to smear a bit of vasoline on it before a range session. The carbon will wipe off with a paper towel when you are done shooting.

And, having a weapon mounted light doesn't replace the need for a handheld light in the slightest. One of the tenets of the SEAL community that drove Combative Concepts training, that evolved into the Surefire Institute, was 'Two is one, One is none'...always, always have a backup light.

tuan

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    New Orleans
    I have a TLR-2 on my Glock 21sf and I love it too! Bright Red Laser and Bright single LED light. Sighted it for 25 ft and its works great! I don't know if its in my head or not but shooting with it on my gun helps me group my shots better too because of the little weight it adds to the front to counteract the little muzzle flip that I get. I don't use the laser too much when I shoot though. I have to say I really bought it cause it makes the gun look a little better. Yes, you can flame me for that. I guess I still have a little bit of a ricer in me. :p

Ton

bang bang
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 19, 2006
    New Orleans
    this happened to me a few weeks ago. i dropped it while putting it back on the gun.

the lense cracked but everything else worked like it did before. got a replacement at a local shop.

awesome stuff.

Top Bottom