So Now I Own Two Glocks

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I'm a RSO at a public range if there's a bulged, or ruptured pistol case on the ground 99% chance it came out of a Glock. Glocks are the reason "Bulge Buster" dies were invented. I'm an old guy who's shot the 1911 for too long, I'll never get use to the grip angle, lopsided balance, squirt gun trigger, or Tupperware feel of a Glock.

I'm sure Glock devotees hate 40+ oz of steel, low capacity, and a 100+ year old design of the 1911. That's what great about America there's so many damn choices. Let's face it Glock, 1911, or any handgun, is there so you can fight your way to your main battle rifle.

As far as Bear Country goes, I'm packing a 44mag if not a rifle chambered in 7.62x51mm or better.
    Never did get the guys who complain about Glock grip angles but say they like 1911 grip angles when they are almost identical.

Attachments

• IMG_5331.png
      IMG_5331.png
      842 KB · Views: 52

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Oh, It's the 1911 / Glock Debate.

I called the National Parks and they discourage hiking with a .308 rifle inside of their park, but I guess concealed is concealed.

Which .44 Mag are you going to Conceal Carry ?

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    I'm a RSO at a public range if there's a bulged, or ruptured pistol case on the ground 99% chance it came out of a Glock. Glocks are the reason "Bulge Buster" dies were invented. I'm an old guy who's shot the 1911 for too long, I'll never get use to the grip angle, lopsided balance, squirt gun trigger, or Tupperware feel of a Glock.
    Pretty bold statement there. so you are claiming NINETY NINE PERCENT of all cases that are bulged or ruptured came from a Glock. You realize how absurd that statement is, or even an alleged standard of measure.

I carry a Staccato so I would say I am in the 1911 clan, but I cant let a statement like that go unchallenged.
    First how many cases do you inspect to arrive at the 99% ? If you check 4,000 cases a week then its a valid sample size. If you are looking at 10 cases a week then you have no idea if 99% is statistically accurate.
    Second, are you actually getting your hands dirty looking thru cases on the ground near Glock shooters to validate their point of origin?

OR are you relying on the internet/range sewing circle lore that Glocks have unsupported chambers and therefore bulge cases? I am going to guess its this. The description of the "Tupperware feel" of the Glock would lead me to believe this is more of a confirmation bias than reality.

The biggest problem I have here is some of the less informed will read this statement, hold it as factual, and repeat it all over, and it becomes self fulfilling.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Here's the thing.

9X19 brass is SO plentiful, it doesn't matter if some is bulged. Toss it.

.40 brass nobody wants. It's a curse, a bane. It get's mixed up with useful .45 brass.

I haven't heard of a Glock going boom in a long time, so life is too short to worry over a bit of bulged brass.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    With so many rounds I've fired from my Glocks then picked up my brass to reload, I've never seen a single bulged case, and I'm very thorough in inspecting and prepping brass.
    Maybe I just got lucky and ended up with proper chambers?
    il_570xN.519672118_fi0y.jpg

geeck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    SE Louisiana
    Oh, It's the 1911 / Glock Debate.

I called the National Parks and they discourage hiking with a .308 rifle inside of their park, but I guess concealed is concealed.

Which .44 Mag are you going to Conceal Carry ?
    NEVER SAY ANYTHING ABOUT CARRYING A F'n 44 CONCEALED YOU YOU YOU .... ANYWAY WHILE BOW HUNTING OUT WEST ITS OKAY TO PACK A SIDEARM NOW THATS WHAT I WAS REFERRING TO YOU POS

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    NEVER SAY ANYTHING ABOUT CARRYING A F'n 44 CONCEALED YOU YOU YOU .... ANYWAY WHILE BOW HUNTING OUT WEST ITS OKAY TO PACK A SIDEARM NOW THATS WHAT I WAS REFERRING TO YOU POS
    I came in from working outside and read this. I was like OMFG, I am critical dehydrated, this is bad....Then all the comments under it were in actual English.

Can you try all that again, just less angry, in English, and less Caps. ?

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I needed a laugh,

The bulged cases thing is quite funny, true or not. I think it was "how he said it"...

And then I find a few posts down a pic of my favorite ankle gun, the desert eagle! With the new al framed 5" barrel L5 models coming in under 50 OZ a "real man" could carry one in a less than obvious way. Like under a jacket in a OWB holster, the gun is not massively thick. Im not a "real man" so that is just pure conjecture, but i did consult a RSO last time I was at a range so I guess whatever i say might as well get carved onto some stone tablets by a holy man on a mountain.

I guess it falls in line with the "fact" that 99 percent of the stuff I have read on the internet being total fabricated crap by a bunch of bottom feeding know-it-alls...

I have way more than 3 glocks, I shoot them well, find the design to be the best of the poly striker guns (just my opinion there, easy fella), so they are my "use guns"... Also like the ppq, sorta like a 19 with better ergos and a better trigger (the midsize 19 and 23 are my lest favorite glocks, just due to hand fit.) I do notice a difference when switch from 1911 to glock, the glock points a bit high if I have had a fair amount of time on 1911, and vice versa. The bulge at the rear bottom of the frame on a 17/22/20/21/34/35/17L/24 does make the gun sit different in the hand vs a std gov't or commander length frame 1911.

Thanks for the laughs!

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Yes, there are those who collect certain (mainly Gen I) Glocks. I have a friend who has a collection and some are quite expensive. I think the earliest Gen I G19s are particularly rare - don't remember the serial number range.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Yes, there are those who collect certain (mainly Gen I) Glocks. I have a friend who has a collection and some are quite expensive. I think the earliest Gen I G19s are particularly rare - don't remember the serial number range.
    I Cerakoted and lasered a Gen2 Glock the other day. First Gen2 i have done, never done a Gen1 gun. Its rare to see one of those come in for mods.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I needed a laugh,

The bulged cases thing is quite funny, true or not. I think it was "how he said it"...

And then I find a few posts down a pic of my favorite ankle gun, the desert eagle! With the new al framed 5" barrel L5 models coming in under 50 OZ a "real man" could carry one in a less than obvious way. Like under a jacket in a OWB holster, the gun is not massively thick. Im not a "real man" so that is just pure conjecture, but i did consult a RSO last time I was at a range so I guess whatever i say might as well get carved onto some stone tablets by a holy man on a mountain.

I guess it falls in line with the "fact" that 99 percent of the stuff I have read on the internet being total fabricated crap by a bunch of bottom feeding know-it-alls...

I have way more than 3 glocks, I shoot them well, find the design to be the best of the poly striker guns (just my opinion there, easy fella), so they are my "use guns"... Also like the ppq, sorta like a 19 with better ergos and a better trigger (the midsize 19 and 23 are my lest favorite glocks, just due to hand fit.) I do notice a difference when switch from 1911 to glock, the glock points a bit high if I have had a fair amount of time on 1911, and vice versa. The bulge at the rear bottom of the frame on a 17/22/20/21/34/35/17L/24 does make the gun sit different in the hand vs a std gov't or commander length frame 1911.

Thanks for the laughs!
    Makes me wonder if your 1911s have arched mainspring housings, or flat. Or whether it would make a difference, . . .

Top Bottom