So where are all the HK collectors hiding?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    Yall have to be hiding...or not getting out much.

I've seen the same VP70 sitting in the case at a local dealer for over a month now. Nobody has bought it. And here I was expecting to see someone on here had claimed it and posted pics. One of yall must need one to round out a collection.

Hell, I almost bought it (and I'm not a big HK type guy).

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La

I've seen the same VP70 sitting in the case at a local dealer for over a month now. Nobody has bought it. And here I was expecting to see someone on here had claimed it and posted pics. One of yall must need one to round out a collection.

Here is a stock for it, if you buy it...

shapeimage_13.png

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La

Or do you mean collections like this:
    From top to bottom, HK MP5K PDW (Urbach) with SWR suppressor, MP5SD in .40 S&W (RDTS), HK MP5/40 (Urbach) with AAC supressor, HK MP5/10 (Urbach) with KAC suppressor, HK 53 (Urbach) with AAC suppressor, HK 51 (Urbach) with HK Factory 50 rd. G8 drum and AAC suppressor (not pictured). In the right corner is an SW 52

Rock%20and%20Roll.jpg

P7%20History.jpg

You can see more here...

The Red Room

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Nonetheless, the "pistol carbine" concept is an intriguing one. Folks have been fitting shoulder stocks to handguns since the original Colt Dragoon... perhaps even earlier. I have read some accounts by German Maxim crewmen in WW I who reported some success in engaging frog and Brit infantry at rifle distance with their "artillery Lugers". I believe McBride mentioned it briefly in his book as well (not sure about that, a lot of time has passed since I read those tomes).

I'd like to have one, just to play with. An artillery Luger, or a genuine Luger Carbine (there's a difference) would be just too cool. Alas, the BATmen have decreed that this type of niche weapon is A Bad Thing, on par with short barreled shoulder guns and those heinous suppressors.

Pity, really. Then again, Tyrone and his ilk would probably embrace them. The new thing for the proper thug to have is a 30 round magazine for his "****". You know, if those wasted bags of protoplasm ever "get it", we might be in trouble...

Certain C&R's are legal/unregulated IIRC

I've got a Slotted Hi Power, just haven't found the stock.

I passed up your HK about 4-5 years ago with 4-5 mags for $400 (Kicks self)

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    I would love one of those vp70's just cause it was the first polymer handgun. That alone is pretty cool.
    My hk usp 45 is really cool as well and i would love to get the tactical one.

Nick that is just awesome.

PayProTec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2012
    Ponchatoula
    I was at arms merchant in mandeville when a guy came in with a v7 he had since new. He put it on consignment there. I was going to offer him cash for it since they take a % anyway, but that is one ugly gun!

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Only one I can think of is the Broomhandle.

My above-mentioned buddy also had some time with a stocked P-35. He said it wasn't very impressive; I assume he meant accuracy-wise, but I didn't pursue it. I've handled an Inglis with the "long-range" sight (and slots), and found it rather difficult to get a decent sight picture.

I'd like to have a genuine Mauser C96 with original stock/holster and all the leather accoutrements. It would be worth reloading that peculiar bottle-neck .30 Mauser cartridge for.

Of course, the last one of those I saw was going for 15 grand...:wtc:

Broomhandle, Luger, P35.... Plus some more rare makes and models....

I know where a "red 9" is, wood stock/holster and IIRC the leather.
    Don't recall if he wants $2,500 or $5k

Last edited:

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Or do you mean collections like this:
    From top to bottom, HK MP5K PDW (Urbach) with SWR suppressor, MP5SD in .40 S&W (RDTS), HK MP5/40 (Urbach) with AAC supressor, HK MP5/10 (Urbach) with KAC suppressor, HK 53 (Urbach) with AAC suppressor, HK 51 (Urbach) with HK Factory 50 rd. G8 drum and AAC suppressor (not pictured). In the right corner is an SW 52

Rock%20and%20Roll.jpg

P7%20History.jpg

You can see more here...

The Red Room

You have made me ruin a pair of pants. I will accept one of the firearms pictured above as re-payment. Precisely the top one in the first picture. You can PM me your address so it will not be public!!!

MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    Nick, that room is cool! I think my wife would soil herself if I told her I wanted to turn our spare bedroom into something like that! She was OK with me setting up my reloading gear (especially since I just churned out 500rnds for her to practice with while I'm offshore later this week), but I think a few hundred thousand bucks worth of guns is a different beast entirely. LOL

And I verified, the original pistol I mentioned is a VP70Z and not the selective fire VP70. But still, it's been sitting in the same spot for more than a month with a $500 tag on it...it'd go for less.

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    IIRC, that dude began selling off that magnificent collection in 2010. According to those in the know, it was second only to the famous "Gray Room" at HK hq in Virginia.

There was a couple of threads on HKPro about it.

He sold a good bit. He lives up near Dallas now, I know on the pistols section, someone offered him 250k for the entire lot and he turned them down and sold everything individually.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    He sold a good bit. He lives up near Dallas now, I know on the pistols section, someone offered him 250k for the entire lot and he turned them down and sold everything individually.

So it is not your room. Ok, I was about to say, we have our very own Donald Trump on the forum.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom