So...who's ready for a cruise?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Every time I just about talk my wife into booking one this sort of thing happens . Carnival has has some bad mishaps over the last few years . If you remember they even had a ship turn over and my wife can't swim .

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Bucket Brigade Bathrooms?

Sounds like If I'm going on a cruise I'm going to need to bring a couple of 5 gallon buckets and approx 250' of rope just in case I have to walk the POOP deck lol

k4i37021qd5jwhjvqryx.jpg

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Every time I just about talk my wife into booking one this sort of thing happens . Carnival has has some bad mishaps over the last few years . If you remember they even had a ship turn over and my wife can't swim .

And they condoned littering back in the 80's. I went on my only and last cruise in 1988, shot skeet off of the "Fantasy" on my way to Bahama's and watched as the shell casings were ejecting right off of the back of the ship. I asked the guy supervising the shoot, "Man, what about the shells going into the water?" He said, "It's the ocean, don't worry about it." :eek4:

Moral of the story? Cruises suck! Fly straight to the destination and spend those extra days on terra firma! ;)

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    Okay sure, they were fighting over food and walking through raw sewage for a few days......

So it was like the Super Dome during Katrina???

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Okay sure, they were fighting over food and walking through raw sewage for a few days......

So it was like the Super Dome during Katrina???

Except that the actual stool in the plastic bags left out in the corridors from first class passengers was probably more disgusted at the white trash people parading through the corridors and stepping over it.

Last edited:

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Emperor wrote ; And they condoned littering back in the 80's. I went on my only and last cruise in 1988, shot skeet off of the "Fantasy" on my way to Bahama's and watched as the shell casings were ejecting right off of the back of the ship. I asked the guy supervising the shoot, "Man, what about the shells going into the water?" He said, "It's the ocean, don't worry about it."

I was in the Merchant Marines in early 60's everything garbage wise was dumped off fantail .Mid 60 to mid 70's Navy carriers ,again, everything went off the fantail. Watching a tv show they said all trash is now compacted and off loaded at the dock . yea right !

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    I'm heading out for a week cruise pretty soon. Keep me in your thoughts........but in a good way;)

Lightening never strikes the same place twice. Yea whatever.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Much prefer to fly and stay in one place. I hate the crowds when cruise ships come into port, and couldn't imagine going on vacation where every place you go is going to have those crowds.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I can't imagine how they ran out food that quick. The fire started on Sunday. Even if they were due to be in port on Monday that means that their runing out of food in 3 days. That don't sound right. Sounds like extreme exaggeration to me.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    over 4200 folks combined, and like 17 working toilets.. I bet it was a mess..
    The generators would not support much according to what I was reading.. Interestingly they were making do with sheets on deck to make tents to protect from sun and weather..
    In my mind, I think they just created 4000 new preppers and hoarders.... which cant be a bad thing unless you need to compete for supplies with them...

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    What was stoping them from throwing the poop overboard? Seems like people just don't know how to act.

They weren't just crapping in bags, though- the sewer lines ruptured (or the system was completely overwhelmed) and pretty much shared the love throughout most of the ship. :ugh2:

....and then, before they were able to reach Mobile Bay & deliverance from sewage- the towline broke & sent them adrift AGAIN.
    party0023.gif

Last edited:
    Top Bottom