SOCOM Flux Raider

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IlivnDaBoot!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2022
    SHREVEPORT
    Came across this article this morning and thought this thing is the cats meow. Would like to get others thoughts on it. Do you think it would give our special forces an advantage in CQB?

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Clever reporting here:

"The presence of a light..also makes them easily usable in dark environments."

I would like to add that the presence of a trigger makes igniting the primer much more likely in all environments.

Its a compact handgun based weapon with a stock, its small and lightweight. Im sure it has its place in cqb.

Murgatroyd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2023
    Somewhere nice
    I have a Flux Raider that I use with my M17 slide and FCG. It is really a PDW and is not in any way a replacement for a real SMG or SBR. It is hard to suppress and it is not very accurate because the sights are not connected to the slide or barrel. The ergonomics are somewhat weird and not like any other firearm. It doesn't feel particularly durable. It has no full-auto capability. I can't think of many scenarios where this would be a better option for SOCOM than some other firearm that they would have access to (MP7? TP9? MP5K? Sig Rattler?).

That being said, it is super compact and lightweight, and I think that is occupies a very usable niche for civilians. It basically gives you a 10-15% performance increase over a pistol. I can easily get accuracy and splits using the Raider that exceed my very best performance with shooting a handgun. I keep it in my nightstand as my go-to home defense gun, which is a role that it is perfect for (suppressed, two mags in the gun, equipped with light and optic, can be shot with one/two hands or with stock extended). It is easy to throw in a vehicle or a discrete backpack. If you already have a Sig P320, the Flux Raider is a relatively inexpensive upgrade to get a very useful capability out of your gun.

Top Bottom