SOLD: Romanian Tactical AK Build on NDS-3 Receiver

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    In the spirit of making more room in the safe I’m offering up my “tactical” AK for sale. This started life as a matching numbers Romy G parts kit with the original barrel. I think it was a virgin kit just based on the amount of wear on the parts. A very good set in any case and one that would cost you $330-370 plus shipping in today’s market. It was built on a Nodak Spud NDS-3 receiver using a rivet set from ak-builder.com (about $85 shipped and transferred). It was assembled at the Shak by myself under #1bambam’s supervision. Considering #1bambam de-milled the kit ($40), pulled the barrel, installed the barrel and the finished the rear rivets I don’t know how much credit I can really take for the build. But it turned out great and since it’s built on a serial’d receiver there isn’t an issue with reselling it.

The furniture and FCG are all Tapco. The hand guard is a Fusion model with a top rail on the gas tube (for optics mounting) and a railed bottom piece with a removable cover. The cover is obviously removed so remind me about that so I remember to include it. The front vertical grip is also a Fusion model. It’s the long grip so removing a standard 30rd magazine is a little tricky (but not hard). Tapco also makes a stubby foregrip for easier magazine changes but I prefer the longer grip. The pistol grip is a Tapco SAW model and the stock is a Tapco T6 collapsible. The rifle will come with one 30rd magazine. Your choice of a foreign steel magazine or a Tapco polymer magazine which matches the rifle very nicely.

As far as 922r is concerned this rifle is compatible with any foreign made magazine or drum. There is actually one part to spare as the foreign parts count is only nine in its current configuration (US Parts: FCG – 3, furniture – 3, receiver – 1). I opted not to have the final rifle refinished since the original kit condition was so good and I wanted more of a rugged look. That means the receiver has the original coating on it which requires a little oil rub every now and then. I wiped it with CLP before putting it in the safe and it still looks fine. If you want a richer black color I recommend a gunkote job from #1bambam. He did two other rifles for me and they look great. Pics of those are here. Click on the thumbnail pictures to see the full resolution image for greater detail.

My selling price is $550 OBO, cash, FTF in the Baton Rouge area. Not really looking for trades but if you have something to trade feel free to offer. I’ll try and answer any questions to the best of my ability. You can contact me by PM or my username @ bayoushooter.com.

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom