*SOLD*: S&W 610 10mm 6.5" Revolver (Pre-lock)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    It is likely a dash 1. Flip the cylinder open and see what is next to the number 610.

This is a hell of a gun at a hell of a price. As a 10mm they can be loaded to a level between 357 and 41 magnum, but they can also shoot garden variety 40 cal. If it was a 4" I'd likely have given in by now.

Underneath the serial? It just says "MOD 610". No dashes to be found anywhere, though I could Dremel one in if the buyer prefers. :o

4" barrels are neat and all...but the thought of a hot 10mm out of a 6.5" barrel makes me giggle like a school girl.

On a side note, this is the first firearm I've ever encountered that I can't touch without ending up in front of the mirror acting like a badass.

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    Then it is a 610, no dash.

It is very possible it was rebarreled - I have two S&W's that were rebarreled by the factory.

Makes it even more unique... with S&W, the older and more rare the better.

If it is still around in 48 hours it may prove too much for me to resist!

" in 1990 S&W introduced the Model 610 with a production run of 5000 with either a 5” or 6 1/2” barrel. S&W was afforded a subtle, but very real, luxury with the 10mm "

Quoted from an article on the lasc web site
    http://www.lasc.us/FryxellThreeDollarBill.htm

scooterj

Stupid is 'posed to hurt
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    LaPlace
    Jim, we'll need to measure the gap between the cylinder and the back of the frame. There were two thicknesses of clips available when the 610 was first introduced and both of the 1st run 5" guns that I know of, needed the thinner clips. Gonna shoot .40S&W? Sort your brass and use only Winchester in the 610. Haven't shot any 10mm through mine so can't offer advice on them.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom