SOLD

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Service Grade CMP SA M1 Garand. S/N 5,8xx,xxx. I don't know and have no way to gauge TE or anything like that. I have put 64 rounds through it since I purchased it directly from the CMP several years ago. Comes with all original paperwork, sling and 16 8-round enbloc clips loaded with ammo in bandoliers. $650. Basically, you're getting 128 rounds loaded in clips for free at this price AND you don't have to wait 30-60 days for your Garand to arrive!

That's $75 worth of ammo, a shipped Service Grade Garand is now $650, you have to wait AND you don't know what you'll end up getting. Anyone who is looking for or even thought of getting a Garand would be a fool to pass this up. FYI, the serial number would seem to indicate a 1956 manufacture date.

baboonie

Now THAT'S a gunsight!
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Arizona
    Based on the number of PM's that I've received so far I can tell this could get messy REAL quick. So...to avoid anyone gettin' butt-hurt these are the rules:

1) State in this thread that you "want" it. ("PM sent" won't cut it...sorry)
    2) Immediately PM me to make meet/payment arrangements.

PMing me asking questions DOES not count as being "in line" to buy it.

I will go by the time stamp in THIS THREAD ONLY. jdaige33 is currently #1 in line followed by JustinB...after that the line forms HERE.

Last edited:

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Thanks for the bump. When I got it, I did a some research and came up with a "born on date" of March 1955 for the receiver s/n. That's interesting because the date code on the barrel is "SA 5 55 for May 1955". I highly doubt that this is the original barrel, but it's close enough to be an interesting topic of conversation.

Could be. I'm using a spreadsheet with serials numbers and dates. I had to estimate the date based on other known numbers. Post Korean war anyway. The nicest Garand I have is also post-Korea.

stockcar

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    sun la
    good luck with the sale,caught nothing but grief on mine then found out it was a match rifle glad i kept it but good luck anyway

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom