Some of you political science types question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Who has the authority to postpone the election due to the bad weather ? President ? Congress ? Or is such a law written in the Constitution ?

J-Dog

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Hammond
    Congress per the Constitution
    Article II Section I: The 4th paragraph deals with the time and date of the election, iit says.

The Congress may determine the Time of chusing the Electors, and the Day on which they shall give their Votes; which Day shall be the same throughout the United States.

Last edited:

LabRat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    From what I read earlier, each state has different laws regulating elections, even federal. And yes they can postpone in an emergency. I will look for the article and post link

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Labrat,Although I don't put a lot of faith in ABC news I do appreciate the article you posted . I had heard today that Obama could postpone the election due to the weather conditions in the north east. New Jersey and New York being flooded and left without electricity and transportation for displaced people .
    It would be my wish to get this election over and done .

Boudreaux

I B N AH DA
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    I don't think anyone has the power to postbone the presidential election, I could be wrong.

The Electors of President and Vice President shall be appointed, in each State, on the Tuesday next after the first Monday in November, in every fourth year succeeding every election of a President and Vice President.
    from 62 Stat. 672, now codified as United States Code: Title 3, section 1 [3 USC 1]

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Settle down. Elections will be held. Obama didn't use HAARP to create a superstorm to delay elections. He actually wants to hold the election as soon as possible as he is doing very well on Ohio and other battle ground states.

thatwhichisnt

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    You never look at individual polls. Trend lines are much more telling. Obama should win Ohio, Iowa, and Wisconsin if something drastic doesn't happen by 5 points.

Less than a week before the election stuff is pretty much set in stone. Obama will get reelected, dems keep the senate and make a little ground up in the house. Tea Party 2010 Repubs like West aren't doing well.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Why not? I understand they are not infallible, but they aren't part of some grand conspiracy lol.

They are if you have a pony in the race! Do you really think that MSNBC is going to use a poll that surveys equal numbers of ideological constituents? New Flash! They don't!

They work very well if they aren't skewed. If you really want to know something and you ask honest questions to equal percentages of the sampling! But the results belong to the person who pays for the poll in the first place. They decide who gets what results; and if it's a biased and corrupt news agency, forget it!

We'll see on Tuesday night.

Countryman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2011
    Lafayette
    Settle down. Elections will be held. Obama didn't use HAARP to create a superstorm to delay elections. He actually wants to hold the election as soon as possible as he is doing very well on Ohio and other battle ground states.

A candidate with an imploding independent vote by 16% will not do very well at all. Even skewed polls have him stuck at 47%, unskewed is more like 41% he's finished and in a big big way

From another site:

"The last time there was any serious question about postponing a Presidential election was in 1864, at the height of the Civil War. About which, said Abraham Lincoln, *if the rebellion could force us to forego, or postpone a national election, it might fairly claim to have already conquered and ruined us.* A country that wouldn’t surrender its democracy to an insurrection isn’t about to surrender it to a storm."

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom