Someone with a CAD compatible setup for Suppressor Build Around New Orleans

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cjacobs

SouthernLife
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    I'm about to file my paperwork for a form 1 suppressor and trying to get some things lined up before its time to build it. Does anyone know anyone that has mill/lathe/drill machine that can use my the CAD files to build? I will be building a monocore instead of baffles.

cjacobs

SouthernLife
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Maybe I missed something, but it looks like I can do it under the "instruction or supervision" of the machine shop. Which is exactly what I would like to do. I would love for someone to instruct me on how to use the CNC machine for this process.

PECEMKR

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    NOLA
    A business (including an association or society) may not avoid the manufacturing license,
    marking, and recordkeeping requirements under the GCA simply by allowing individuals to
    initiate or manipulate a CNC machine, or to use machinery, tools, or equipment under its
    dominion or control to perform manufacturing processes on blanks, unfinished frames or
    receivers, or incomplete weapons. I

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    That says 'a business'. What if it's just a guy with a good set-up at his house and not a business though? I would think that if you could find a fellow hobbyist with the equipment to work on it with, that would be fine. He wouldn't be able to charge you I guess.
    What two consenting adults get together to do in the privacy of their own garage...

cjacobs

SouthernLife
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    That says 'a business'. What if it's just a guy with a good set-up at his house and not a business though? I would think that if you could find a fellow hobbyist with the equipment to work on it with, that would be fine. He wouldn't be able to charge you I guess.
    What two consenting adults get together to do in the privacy of their own garage...

Thanks. I would really like to do this project and would really love to have someone to show me how to use the machine to do it. If anyone is willing to "watch me" or "instruct me" on how to do it...that would be awesome! Anyone know anyone around here with a CNC machine?

Top Bottom