SOT and form 1 suppressors

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    I'm doing research looking into building a form 1 can. The big issue I'm wondering about is repairing and/or upgrading the can if i have trouble. It seems to be that once the can is built I'm stuck with what I got and cannot replace any of the suppressor parts should they break, wear out, or just suck in general.
    Most people tell me a class 2 SOT could repair or replace my baffles but the big question is will they? Are there any LA-based class 2 manufacturers that would even be interested in doing that work, much less doing it for less than the cost of another form 1?
    Another Q is regarding an upgrade. Is there anybody out there at all that would do a suppressor 'upgrade' on a form 1 can and replace the internals with something closer to resembling modern baffles?
    Thx in advance for the help!

BeardedPatriot38

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2016
    New Iberia, Louisiana
    From my understanding, only the tube is serialized right?
    Think about it like a AR lower receiver you just form 1ed. The receiver itself is serialized, with that said, you can still replace the trigger group, springs or any other part you care to replace due to wear or to upgrade.

Anyone else care to shed some light on this one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eMGunslinger

Weapon Savant
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    ATF has never actually made an answer on this. From a build standpoint you are the original maker of the can. Therefor you were allowed to build the parts to begin with. If the original baffles were destroyed before making new ones that is technically ok because you have no spare parts.

For that matter you don't submit plans for the can anyway, so they could never prove you updated it. Also in the grand scheme of things the ATF has better things to do than monitor a hobby machinist in his garage that may make suppressors.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom