South East Louisiana shooting range that allows 40mm.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2024
    Metairie
    This is kind of a wild question, but are there any ranges that allow shooting of 40mm grenade launchers? Specifically rounds like 40mm chalk rounds or the hornet nest rounds. Looking to find a place to shoot them before I commit to buying the launcher.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2024
    Metairie
    Bruuuuhhh?
    Its not the worst idea tbh. For the whole launcher its roughly $2200. Another $200 for the stamp so all in less then $2300. AZAO is making a bunch of different 40mm rounds right now. The most common are the chalk rounds at about $10 per. The only problem is I have no idea where I could even shoot this in Louisiana without private land.

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I was sort of thinking what 357 and Gator said, if you are really gonna do this, there's probably a couple dozen people on here with private land that would love to invite you over and see this happen in person. My yard is 180' deep and not zoned any where near appropriately, but I am sure others would be interested. Kinda just posting this to follow the thread...

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    It’s been a few years since I’ve taken any classes with Advantage Group but the range they use in Robert could be an option. I’m in no way shape or form saying you can go shoot there but it came to mind as someone to reach out to. I believe they were using a private range, may or may not be hooked up with the same guy/place any longer.

jdavid1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    Hammond, LA
    It’s been a few years since I’ve taken any classes with Advantage Group but the range they use in Robert could be an option. I’m in no way shape or form saying you can go shoot there but it came to mind as someone to reach out to. I believe they were using a private range, may or may not be hooked up with the same guy/place any longer.

That is a private range. Any access is very limited. I would try Bedico Creek shooting grounds. They would likely not have any restrictions on what you can shoot.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2024
    Metairie
    I appreciate all the advice!
    That is a private range. Any access is very limited. I would try Bedico Creek shooting grounds. They would likely not have any restrictions on what you can shoot.
    I'm gonna give them a call when they open and see what they say.

EDIT: Bedico does not allow 40mm.
    EDIT 2: Cutoff does not allow 40mm.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom