Space X launch today

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    Did anybody watch the launch of SpaceX today? I heard it had a rapid disassembly right after 2nd stage ignition. I have been out running errands all day and just now tried finding good videos of the launch and haven't found much. Anyone else see this?

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I forgot about it until later in the afternoon and then watched a replay on YouTube. It was very cool watching it make it past staging and then seeing the booster almost make it to the boostback burn before RUD. Had to search a bit to see what happened to the starship portion but apparently the FTS system decided that both parts were out of spec so it terminated the booster first then after a few minutes it terminated on the starship for an as yet unspecified reason. Hopefully the FAA doesn't take so long to grant a new license as the launch pad held up fine this time and the rocket parts did their explodey thing high up in the atmosphere.

What most people don't realize is that the rocket that took off Saturday is already like 3 revisions behind the state of the art for that rocket. It was an old rocket without a lot of the modifications that are going to go into the next ones. the Raptor engine that was in this one are revision 2 but they are already building revision 3 which has a one piece manifold and got rid of the two piece one which had issues with torque on the bolts that had to be tightened to a higher spec due to leaks on the first one that had leakage and caused a lot of issues with that flight.

Top Bottom