***SPF**WTT Norinco Sporter Chineese SKS 7.62x39 SPF****

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    so this won't take AK mags, like a sporter should?

I don't think just any sporter will take AK mags. You need a "D" or "M" model. Or there are some that have been kit converted. I could be totally wrong about that (not all Sporters taking AK mags). But unless shown otherwise I don't think this rifle takes AK mags. At $285 it's a good price for a Chinese SKS. I don't know how the detachable mag affects 922r since it is an American made magazine. If I were to buy it I would disassemble it until I found out the answer to that question. I think you can still find the original Chinese SKS mags. I believe they have a five pointed star on them.

hdfreak1

Bikes and Guns
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Walker, LA
    Alright everyone, I just got back from looking at this gun. It does say "sporter" on it, just like the picture shows, but did not come with the typical sporter thumb-hole stock. many of the "sporter" guns from B-West out of California were imported with "regular" SKS stocks, but still said sporter on them. Anyway, this gun will not take AK mags. It will take regular detachable SKS mags (tapco, pro-mag, etc). The gun is in great shape, and for the money, is still a great buy for this SKS. If i needed another SKS, I would have bought it myself. Good bargain and very nice owner.

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I don't think just any sporter will take AK mags. You need a "D" or "M" model. Or there are some that have been kit converted. I could be totally wrong about that (not all Sporters taking AK mags). But unless shown otherwise I don't think this rifle takes AK mags. At $285 it's a good price for a Chinese SKS. I don't know how the detachable mag affects 922r since it is an American made magazine. If I were to buy it I would disassemble it until I found out the answer to that question. I think you can still find the original Chinese SKS mags. I believe they have a five pointed star on them.

Good info. You are correct, not all "Sporter" models accept AK mags. Different importers labeled their rifles differently, there's tons of variations. The quickest way to identify is the mag release. Norincos that accept AK mags from the factory have a small round mag release, while all others have the standard SKS design like this one.

And I think you're right about the compliance issue, considering that's a detachable magazine. Might need some more compliance parts...

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom