Spider bite? **Now w/pic**

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scubasteve

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 12, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I think I was bitten by a spider on the inside of my left wrist. Noticed it itching Sunday nite so I moved my wrist watch to the other wrist. Didn't look any worse Monday nite, but danggit,,,,,it's itching again and has about a 1/4" reddish/pink circle.
    Anybody have any experience with this? How long do I have to live?

Last edited:

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    I got bit over the summer by a brown recluse on my left hand... it just felt like a really really bad sunburn at first...

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Could also be folliculitis (infected hair follicle) or you may have the beginning of a staph infection....Lots of people have mistaken spider bites for both....Is there a "head" on the bump?

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    A spider bite would have two tiny needle marks. Look with magnifying glass. When I noticed that my 2 year old son had swelling under the arm, I saw something weird, so I look with magnifying glass and saw two tiny red dots. Took him to his doc the next day. Sure enough, spider bite.

posse comatosis

Hoo-ahh!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Bayou Perdition
    brownreclusebitelrg.jpg

If you find those two fang marks and it continues to worsen, don't screw around getting to a doctor. Time is of the utmost importance for the administration of antibiotics to combat a brown recluse bite. Or else...see photo above.......I once saw a pic of a guy's neck where the necrosis had eaten almost to the vertebrae.

scubasteve

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 12, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    It's flat, no bump. Pretty sure it's a friggin' spider, I could see the bite marks. It did have a little head but easily burst when I scratched it. Don't know what is worse, staph or a spider bite. All the time I spend crawling the swamp, I'm not afraid of snakes or gators. It's them damn spiders. You don't know when they bite you. And this probably happened at work.
    I can here our "safety" man now,"You should keep your sleeves rolled down and buttoned at all times and make sure you wear gloves." He's so proactive.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    brownreclusebitelrg.jpg

If you find those two fang marks and it continues to worsen, don't screw around getting to a doctor. Time is of the utmost importance for the administration of antibiotics to combat a brown recluse bite. Or else...see photo above.......I once saw a pic of a guy's neck where the necrosis had eaten almost to the vertebrae.

COOL!

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    Either way, dont screw around with it. I've been bitten by a brown recluse (2001-almost lost left leg due to complications) and had MRSA (2006-lost toe and part of right foot). Neither one is a picnic.

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I'm with TX_OIL on this one. I was bitten on the chest in 2006 and lost most of my left pectoral muscle. (Not Fun) some times it is better to be safe than sorry. If the safety man on your job site has any first responder experience or any medical training i would ask him first> If you have decent health insurance then i would go to the doctor, this type of thing is NOT something that you should let go.

posse comatosis

Hoo-ahh!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Bayou Perdition
    Many times a brown recluse bite is extremely painful, so you know whattup like already. But not always. Watch for the purple center like aisianpursuasion said. However, if it is a recluse bite, that is really too late for optimum performance of the antibiotics. You got bit at work? The workman's compensation carrier would raather have you file a claim now, before it tuns into something like this:

brown-recluse-spider-bite-9days.jpg

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Pretty much every "i lost half my damn leg/arm/back due to a brown recluse" story I've read or heard started with procrastination to visit the doctor. :rofl:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom