Spiders everywhere

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I started cleaning out my shed today. I evicted the family of squirrels that had moved in and filled in the hole where they were coming and going. But I didn't expect to find hundreds of spiders. Every board I moved had a few. They were everywhere! I had an old bottle of Home Defense and sprayed some around but that won't make a dent.

Suggestions?

Dboymboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2019
    Harvey LA
    Buy a new can of raid. Or fog bomb it. If your bored you can always do a mini flamethrower hair spray

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE !!!! spiders. Dont waste anymore time or money spraying anything else. Go buy yourself a bottle of this. Its not cheap but absolutely works. https://www.environmentalscience.ba...health/business-assurance/products/suspend-sc
    You will need to knock down as much of the web as you can. Makes it more effective. Mix 2 oz to 1 gallon and soak it down. Come back 1 month later and do it again then repeat once a quarter. Works on everything. I spray my house with it quarterly. Kills ant beds dead in a couple hours. This stuff is good but is a bit pricey

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE !!!! spiders. Dont waste anymore time or money spraying anything else. Go buy yourself a bottle of this. Its not cheap but absolutely works. https://www.environmentalscience.ba...health/business-assurance/products/suspend-sc
    You will need to knock down as much of the web as you can. Makes it more effective. Mix 2 oz to 1 gallon and soak it down. Come back 1 month later and do it again then repeat once a quarter. Works on everything. I spray my house with it quarterly. Kills ant beds dead in a couple hours. This stuff is good but is a bit pricey

The absolute best product I’ve ever used. After it dries it’s kid and pet safe also kills much more than spiders. Well worth the price (I order it on amazon).

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    I use bifenthrin on the eaves, porches, ceiling fans, and decks around my house to control spiders, ants, gnats, fleas, etc. It is the same ingredient used in Telstar which more people are familiar with but far more expensive if you buy the brand name. Tractor store has it in concentrate which mixes many gallons. Has a great residual and does a great job on ants and termites as well. My go to pesticide for just about everything so I keep it on hand year round.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    I also suggest Suspend. Works great. And since you live in Metairie, Pestop on Severn carries Suspend and many other options. Not sure what their current hours are with everything going on, but give them a call. Great people who will work well with you to solve all your pests problems. I highly suggest this place. Been going there for many years.

Last edited:

fng

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    St. Charles Parish
    Talstar is what you seek. Suspend will also do the job, Talstar will last a little longer, especially outside and is cheaper

Last edited:

Davidg53

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2018
    Bentley,La
    Call local feed store and ask for Demon WP. It lays down a film that repels spiders for months. It comes in a packet as a soluble powder. I use it in and around rental property for spiders and roaches. Used alongside Advion gel bait has worked very well for me. I also use it in my shop to keep spiders out. Good luck

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    if you dont like spiders, go out in the yard at night and shine a flashlight across the yard at the grass, see all the thousands of pretty sparkles?

snipehunter7

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2016
    Franklinton, LA
    https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/martins-viper-insecticide-concentrate

When I had my mini-storage, I used this stuff. I would spray the empty units. Worked good. Has a residual effect.

Agree with the recommendation for Martin’s Viper concentrate. Have been using for prob 20+ years with great success. Feed stores, Tractor Supply, or even Amazon.

I have tried some of the more expensive (newer technology) Bayer stuff from one of the local pest stores, but I don’t think it works as well and it was about double the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom