Spikes mid length or Colt 6920le?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Thanks for any input on the performance of these two. They are both within budget but I would like to hear from thoes who have trigger time and an unbiased opinion. This will not be a rifle for duty or anything like that. Just for fun or any social issues that might arise. Thanks

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    Both companies make a good rifle that will serve you well I would get the cheaper of the two and shoot the hell out of it i.e. Put money in ammo and trigger time.

whitjct

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    Rhode Island
    I've had a spikes carbine and own some Colt 6920s....for me personally I like the colt better. Seems to be a little less slop between the upper and lower. I also look at the fact that if it's good enough for combat it's good enough for me.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    Colt M4A1

Save an extra 200-300 and buy Daniel Defense... M4V series

- - - Updated - - -

The guys down at Interstate Guns can square you away. Great group of men and extremely knowledgable.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Botach Tactical

Colt LE6920CMP-FDE MagPul FDE 5.56mm California Compliant Carbine

MSRP: $1,150.00
    Price: $925.00 Shipped. (You save $225.00)

Brand: Colt
    SKU: ColtCA- LE6920CMPFDE

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Thanks for all of the input. When reading the specs of the spikes it looks like the spec sheet of a BCM middy. But I guess paper and reality is two different things. Which manufacturer makes the parts for spikes, or do the actually make their own in house. Sorry I'm not to knowledgable on ar's. Is it like SAMs milk, it's borders with a different label but it's much cheaper? I don't know much about milk either. Lol thanks again for the answers and taking the time to help educate me.

Poorboy504

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    Westbank/nola
    Most "Spikes" you see at the range are just lower receivers with another manufacturer's upper on them. That's why you see so much variance on the quality. Spikes sells tons of lowers and people slap on cheap ptac, r1, ati, delton, dpms uppers on them all the time. You only know you have a true spikes rifle when you see their laser etched spider on the top of the receiver, bolt carrier, and st marked barrels. Otherwise, it could be any bottom barrel upper or some very nice ones like bcm. Is the rifle you are looking at full spikes? Either way, you can't go wrong. Both companies stand by their products and you will be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't like Colt.

Top Bottom