Sport Optics

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Riverc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2021
    Torbert,La.
    Has anybody bought from them? Looks like they are located in Hammond...Was shopping for a scope for wifes 6.5 CM,now looking at the Meopta Optika6 with 30mm tube and also Meopta Optika5 with the 1" tube...
    The Optika6 looks good but the 30mm tube looks big and heavier for her...The scopes we now own are all 1" tubes.

What would be the difference in the 30mm and 1" except weight and cost? Will be used for hunting.

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    Sport optic /Interstate Guns is a great company and local to us in Hammond. The people are very helpful, I have bought lots of stuff from them. The is not a whole lot of difference in 1" vs 30mm other than the 30mm will pass more light. I would highly recomment 30mm over 1". I run 30 and 32 mm scopes on my guns.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Hey Riverc, I’m the Operations Manager at Sport Optics. We also own Interstate Guns in Hammond which is our retail store front. We don’t keep quite as much optic inventory there, but it’s still a good resource if you wanted to check out some optics in person. If there is something particular you’re looking at we can probably arrange to have one there for you.

If you have other general questions or need help selecting an optic, give our sales team a call at 800-720-9625 and they will gladly help you out, they are incredibly knowledgable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bmash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Zachary, LA
    Great people to do business with. If you can go to the retail store you can look through them and feel how heavy. I really like the 30mm (34 even more).

bman940

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    The Meopta Optika line will not disappoint! I have both and hunted with the Optika5 4-20x50 Z-Plus reticle this year. Awesome scope, clear, bright in low light, and I dialed in the drops using Strelok Pro. I think the 3-15x44 would probably work great for your wides needs. Dial-in a point-blank zero so that as long as the animal is within a certain distance she will make a 1 shot stop on it. Great that an Operation manager reached out to you, take advantage of his help. I do have an Optika6 3-18x50 FFP on my 6.5 CM so that I can dial in my shots, love that scope. Reliable and repeatable.

Riverc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2021
    Torbert,La.
    Thanks for the replies guys....Called Sports Optics today had a nice chat,about the Meopta Optika 5 & 6 and 1" vs 30mm.
    Well the rep recommended the 1" for what we plan on doing hunting.But did say the 30mm would work also.
    Wife wants the Optika5,she wants a lighter scope on her Savage 6.5 cm.
    Well after talking to the rep now I am going to get a Meopta Optika 5 or 6 still trying to decide,will put it on my Savage .308 which now has a Leupold VX3i 3.5-10-40mm.Will move the Leupold to my CVA Scout .45/70 to replace the Buckmaster 3-9-40mm.
    Have read and heard nothing but good about the Meopta scope,the rep also highly recommends them.Will be buying soon,just hope they have them in stock.

bman940

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    You are in for a treat! Next thing you know you will be looking at Meopta binos and then you will be ruined for all others! Meopta has been known for its glass quality for almost a century and their low light performance is just what you need for hunting. Enjoy.

Riverc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2021
    Torbert,La.
    You are in for a treat! Next thing you know you will be looking at Meopta binos and then you will be ruined for all others! Meopta has been known for its glass quality for almost a century and their low light performance is just what you need for hunting. Enjoy.

Well i called to buy today at Sports Optics talked to Sean they did not have or know when they will get one,so i called Camera Land.Well they had what i wanted a Meopta Optika5 4-20-50 RD SFP BDC 3 Reticle its on the way.

Well wife is still shopping for her new scope,maybe when mine comes in she will decide to buy.It's her decision to pick out the one she wants.Tight with her money lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SSWEEEE
    Top Bottom