Sporting clay shoot = FUN!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TecheTitan

You suck & HK hates you
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    New Iberia, La
    I was invited on a last minute deal to go shoot sporting clay's by my neighbor Friday night. The shoot was on Saturday at a place in Evangeling, La. called Cajun Elite which was a fund raiser for St. Martin Parish Sheriff Ronnie Theriot.
    Anyways, I was at the house cooking at 7:30pm when he asked me to join them because they needed 1 more shooter for their team. I had to race that night to get ammo and all of my stuff together because we had to leave early Saturday morning. I must say that I had an absolute blast. It had been a while since I practiced with the shotty, because unfortunately, I don't have time to hunt much anymore. I guess I shook the rust off after the first few stages and ended up doing better than I had expected to. So, if you guys ever get the chance to shoot one of those events, I highly suggest it. It really is fun.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    You bastard! I was supposed to go to that but had to Cook for my nieces B-Day :(

Would have been great to hang out with you again pad-nu.

I’ve yet to attend one of these events but HOPE to go to the SC Shoot in Jennings this coming weekend.

Can you go over some of the stations?

Last edited:

xmeister

xmeister
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Prairieville
    Sporting Clays are FUN. Difficult at times too. I haven't shot a tournament yet but have shot a bunch of practice rounds. I didn't know a clay target could do some of the things I've seen (and missed).

Lots of fun, go do it.

Lanny

TecheTitan

You suck & HK hates you
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    New Iberia, La
    I'll do my best to explain because this was the first time I have shot one of these.
    There were a total of 17 stages throughout the course, the course is very large and everyone there had a UTV or golf cart to drive around the course. I wouldn't want to have to walk it, that's for sure.
    At each stage the shooter gets in the shooting box and loads 2 shells. There will be either a pair or a true pair, meaning that sometimes both clays take off when you say, "pull". And sometimes the second clay is released after your first shot.
    At each stage you get 6 total clays to shoot.Basically you shoot 1 pair, reload shoot the second pair, then reload and shoot the 3rd pair. That was the case for all 16 of the 17 stages. On 1 stage there were only 4 clays to shoot bringing the total of 100 clays. At each stage they will allow your team to watch the clays one time before you shoot. Also, you are only allowed to load 2 shells at a time in your shotgun.
    It really was fun, and I still have the sore bruised shoulder to prove it. It was hot though, but we were finished up around 11:45 or so. I was suprised that I actually did the best of our team because I haven't been hunting for such a long time and my other team mates are avid hunters.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom