SR-556 w/Aimpoint Pro

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    New gun, new red dot, freedom munitions reloaded ammo.

This is a 15 shot group at 100 yards w/o magnifiction, kneeling position. I hope to do a little better with more practice (only put 60 rounds through her). Very happy with the gun and aimpoint though.

2012-05-05_13-23-23_858.jpg

Last edited:

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    Nice group; especially if it was kneeling non-supported. Just remember... with a 100 yard zero, you're going to have to hold quite a bit high up close.

How's the weight of that thing? I heard they were like HK 416s (and the commercial version of same)... great carbines, but real pigs.

She is definitely nose heavy. Overall weight is also on the heavy side. The nose weight seems to draw my support hand back to the magwell without thinking about it.

I want to try shooting from the bench with this ammo, and a couple other brands to see what it (I) can do. I would hope to tighten those groups up considerably.

What would be considered a good group from a bench with the aimpoint pro at 100 yards?

Last edited:

dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    That's actually a nice group considering the circumstances! Glad you like your setup. I have an aimpoint also but haven't shot for groups at 100 yds yet. I can definitely hit at 100, but to shoot those groups you just did is wishful thinking at the moment. I will try to shoot for groups next time so we can compare. I'm running a daniel defense.

As for groups, i feel it's up to you. For me, anything less than 2 MOA is acceptable. Some people prefer better, some don't. Good luck!

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    That's actually a nice group considering the circumstances! Glad you like your setup. I have an aimpoint also but haven't shot for groups at 100 yds yet. I can definitely hit at 100, but to shoot those groups you just did is wishful thinking at the moment. I will try to shoot for groups next time so we can compare. I'm running a daniel defense.

As for groups, i feel it's up to you. For me, anything less than 2 MOA is acceptable. Some people prefer better, some don't. Good luck!

Thanks man. Let me know how you do when and if you shoot for grouping.

Top Bottom