Stabbed in the back on a traffic stop

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armed Mage

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2013
    Lafayette
    Gets stabbed in the back and doesn't even flinch, then opts to use nonlethal force even when he was very well justified to just shoot her dead.

That LEO is one badass mofo.:cool:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Did she stab him in his vest? I would assume a knife wouldn't go through that very well...?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Depends on the vest. Most vests are not stab resistant.
    I'm assuming that if it was a normal vest though it would slow down the knife enough to barely prick his shoulder assuming it wasn't a huge ass knife. The lady didn't look too sharp. My point is that the vest probably protected him enough where it wasn't like a full on deep knife wound. It might have pricked him or gone in just a little.

As for why the guy didn't shoot her...seems like he kept a clear mind. I would imagine that most people would have met the threat with lethal force.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I'm assuming that if it was a normal vest though it would slow down the knife enough to barely prick his shoulder assuming it wasn't a huge ass knife. The lady didn't look too sharp. My point is that the vest probably protected him enough where it wasn't like a full on deep knife wound. It might have pricked him or gone in just a little.

As for why the guy didn't shoot her...seems like he kept a clear mind. I would imagine that most people would have met the threat with lethal force.

Knives go straight through kevlar unless designed to be stab resistant.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    1qx25.jpg

Stay Frosty!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Oh, no- I don't f-ing think so.

I'm of the opinion he should have dropped that crazy witch in her tracks. She was obviously trying to kill him.

Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    Half-Hearted Suicide by Cop

It takes him a second to comprehend what just happened - amazing restraint that he didn't knock that bitch out with a righteous backhand.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Oh, no- I don't f-ing think so.

I'm of the opinion he should have dropped that crazy witch in her tracks. She was obviously trying to kill him.

Yes, he should have shot her. However, it is hard to imagine what the officer was feeling at the time. Consider the possibility that his respect for the sanctity of life is so great that shooting a person becomes almost impossible. Actually pulling the trigger on a human being can be very hard and traumatic.
    The officer is the winner here since he survived without taking a life. I am sure that he is sleeping better at night.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Yes, he should have shot her. However, it is hard to imagine what the officer was feeling at the time. Consider the possibility that his respect for the sanctity of life is so great that shooting a person becomes almost impossible. Actually pulling the trigger on a human being can be very hard and traumatic.
    The officer is the winner here since he survived without taking a life. I am sure that he is sleeping better at night.

He said the only reason he didnt shoot her was because he didnt want the family in the car to see it.

Top Bottom