Stan Lee Superhumans - Samurai

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I've been watching this series on The History Channel for a couple weeks now. This past episode had a modern day Samurai who claimed he was able to slice a bullet with his katana.

Ok the bullet was an air soft pellet but his only preparation before the air soft gun was fired was crouching into place. He had four tenths of a second to draw his sword and notch the white pellet.

After these superhuman displays, the host usually takes his guests to the local hospitals for testing. And the testing nine times out of ten shows why they're able to perform these feats.

This guy tested normal on his reactionary speed. The doctor was baffled but looking at the guy... I swear I'm not usually one to say it's mystifying but I have a couple Buddhist friends. They frequently talk about meditation, aspiring to a plateau of complete calm and seeking zen. This guy... He had it. Just an awesome display of situational awareness. His facial expressions were completely neutral. Watching him watch the host was like watching a lion watch the crowds in a zoo.

Eventually they decided he possessed the uncanny ability to completely disengage his brain's normal reactionary processes and rely on pure instinct. I don't know if Zen is the proper word but whatever it was, the guy was pretty amazing. Best one they've had on the show yet.

And he nailed that air soft BB too. ;)

Last edited:

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    I might add that was not your plain old airsoft gun, that joker was MOVING! I only caught the end, but there was a bang when it was fired, was that a modern gun that had only a plastic projectile?
    First time he missed it by a hair with the edge of the blade, just deflecting it, but on the second shot sliced it.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I noticed the bang of the gun and was surprised to hear it. I don't have any experience with air soft aside from your typical daisy red rider BB gun so I figured that must be how the newer air softs sound.

:dunno:

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thCl_mYIUBE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thCl_mYIUBE[/ame]

Bob Munden, world's fastest quickdraw. This is the first video I've seen where he wasn't cocky and frankly he doesn't look too good. Hope he's OK.

Last edited:

Golden Dragon

Stay Alert.... Stay Alive
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    171   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Mandeville
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thCl_mYIUBE

Bob Munden, world's fastest quickdraw. This is the first video I've seen where he wasn't cocky and frankly he doesn't look too good. Hope he's OK.

The eldest of five siblings, Bob Munden was born in Kansas City, Missouri, February 8, 1942, to parents Robert Sr. and Dorotha Munden.

Not bad shooting for a 69 year old man!!!!!!

Top Bottom