Stanley Cup

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mac204

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    CenLa
    Anyone else a hockey fan? I love hockey, especially the playoffs! C! A! P! S! CAPS! CAPS! CAPS!

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    I would say I'm a fan of the game as I make a living off of it but I don't follow the NHL. I really enjoy watching games on TV when I can but don't care who wins. I just like to see good plays and the occasional heavyweight tilt.

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    tampa_bay_lightning_blue_background_wallpaper_-_1024x768.jpg

Mac204

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    CenLa
    At S&W4ME, no one's perfect.. ;-p

Although I do want to see you guys beat the Cindy Crosby-less Pens...

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    My wife and I are fans. We just got back from a trip up north and attended 3 NHL games.
    Chicago @ Boston
    Philadelphia @ New Jersey
    Buffalo @ Washington DC
    In all 3 games the home team won and there was a hat trick at the Capitals game. We had a great time. We often go to Dallas to watch the Stars play. They just barely missed the playoffs this year :( but.. we were at the game in Dallas where Crosby got into a fight!

ShipWreck

Beretta 92 Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2006
    Texas, but from Louisiana
    He'll, I love hockey. But the damn deals they sign force ya to buy those $150 tv packages to see any games on tv.

We usually go to Dallas and watch a couple games a season. The Flyers is my fav team.

I also sometimes go see Texas A&M college hockey. $7 is much better than the $99 for the NHL games for EACH game

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    He'll, I love hockey. But the damn deals they sign force ya to buy those $150 tv packages to see any games on tv.

We usually go to Dallas and watch a couple games a season. The Flyers is my fav team.

I also sometimes go see Texas A&M college hockey. $7 is much better than the $99 for the NHL games for EACH game

The Aggies have an ice hockey team?

What league do they play in?

I enjoy the college game more than NHL. It's more about skating and less about checking.

Did the NHL abolish the two line pass rule?
    :squint:

ShipWreck

Beretta 92 Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2006
    I have only managed to see 3 games this season of Texas A&M hockey. I did not know they had a team until I saw 1 game advertised on the sign of the local skating rink. They were playing other Texas teams each time I went. The announcer does a horrible job in the rink, though. 1/2 the time we don't even know why a penalty was called because he doesn't say, or says so 5 min later.

I don't yet know what league they are playing in. I think this was like their first year having a team. They are not great, but have won in all 3 of the games I watched - because the other teams were just horrendously bad - hahaha

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    The Aggies have an ice hockey team?

What league do they play in?

I enjoy the college game more than NHL. It's more about skating and less about checking.

Did the NHL abolish the two line pass rule?

:squint:
    Its called the ACHA. American Collegiate Hockey Association.
    2 line pass---Yes. I don't recall the exact year but it was quite some time ago when they took it out of the rule book. Its been well over 5 years.

I suspect it's a club team rather than on the NCAA level.

Fun to watch nonetheless.
    :bigok:

It is ACHA Division II Club Hockey. Not really the best out there. Tulane, LSU and ULL have teams in Division III and its absolutley miserable to watch but when I am available, I get paid $150 to watch it so its not as bad:chuckles:

ShipWreck

Beretta 92 Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2006
    Thanks for that information...

WHile the local ice rink isn't the best - there is something to say for being much closer to the action compared to an NHL game. Even $100 seats (per ticket) at the NHL game doesn't get me as close to the play as I get watching the Aggies play.

I didn't find out about them having a team until the end of the season. Next season, I think I will likely go watch several games... I never get to watch many games on tv anymore, because ya gotta buy one of those package deals for $150 to see them (believe it or not - I got to see more games in the Bahamas in March because they had a Canadian channel on the tv there in the hotel)... The NHL games cost too much, and we have to pay for a hotel too. So, I only get to go 1-2x a season.

So, the A&M team is sorta fun to go watch. They are not THAT bad, compared to the teams I have seen them play....

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Thanks for that information...

WHile the local ice rink isn't the best - there is something to say for being much closer to the action compared to an NHL game. Even $100 seats (per ticket) at the NHL game doesn't get me as close to the play as I get watching the Aggies play.

I didn't find out about them having a team until the end of the season. Next season, I think I will likely go watch several games... I never get to watch many games on tv anymore, because ya gotta buy one of those package deals for $150 to see them (believe it or not - I got to see more games in the Bahamas in March because they had a Canadian channel on the tv there in the hotel)... The NHL games cost too much, and we have to pay for a hotel too. So, I only get to go 1-2x a season.

So, the A&M team is sorta fun to go watch. They are not THAT bad, compared to the teams I have seen them play....

Well you're not far from Houston. Go and check out the American League team there, the Houston Aeros. If not, Dallas has several minor league teams in the Centeral Hockey League as well as the North American Hockey League. CHL- Ft. Worth Bramahas, Allen Americans NAHL- Texas Tornados (Frisco, TX). There are also others near you in the AHL such as the San Antonio Rampage and The Texas Stars near Austin. Should be plenty of "cheaper" hockey for you to catch and the AHL is quite fun to see as those guys are the "up and coming" NHL players.

ShipWreck

Beretta 92 Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2006
    Yea, I know about the Aeros. But, I'm still about 2 hours away from the Stadium in HOuston. And, Waco used to have a team - not sure if they still do. I looked into prices for the Houston team in the late 1990s - they weren't really all that cheap. Granted, I wouldn't have to pay for a hotel if I went to Houston. But for all that trouble and expense - I'd rather go see an actual NHL team.

But, that's still a good idea on your part.

.45-70

1911-2011 aw yeah!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I'm a hockey fan. Watched a lot of NHL as a kid and we had the Ice Gators in Lafayette when I lived there. I'm in the same boat as everyone else though. Never get to watch any of it any more.

Mac204

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    CenLa
    Ehhh...I know. I wish ole Bruce Boudreau would learn some bench management and a different strategy than dump and chase. All of our success comes from rushing the net conservatively, if ya follow. Enough to put fast pressure but not so much as to let down defense...no need for a double fore-check, ya know..lol

It would also help if our power play wasn't pathetic! Ehhh...and it's 3-0 now.. :~(

EDIT: and I still don't regret rooting for you guys over the Pens...I'd rather lose to you then to them...but I'd rather not lose... :squint:

Last edited:

onelochevy

XD 45
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Slidell
    I dont usually watch regular season hockey, but love the playoffs. Would love to see a hockey game in person some day. Missing alot of the games now that I'm working nights, but hope to catch some on the weekends.

Mac204

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    CenLa
    well...that was embarrassing...You guys out played us plain and simple. Theres really no excuse for that with what is probably the most potent offense in the NHL...welp, here's to next year! Good luck with the next series!

Top Bottom