Starling prediction about the effects of a 10 round magazine capacity limit

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Yes during the last magazine capacity ban the move was towards the largest caliber rounds for the 10 round limit. It's a safe bet if a magazine capacity limit were put into place again that the same thing would happen to the same ban. i.e. the same effect to the same cause.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    Yes during the last magazine capacity ban the move was towards the largest caliber rounds for the 10 round limit. It's a safe bet if a magazine capacity limit were put into place again that the same thing would happen to the same ban. i.e. the same effect to the same cause.

Yep, I had a Glock 20, then a Glock 21 (which I had up until the tragic boating accident). My uncle had a H&K USP45 (his guns were in the boat too).

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Everyone will be offloading their lever guns and revolvers to purchase the remaining ARs and Glocks on the market.

More revovlers and lever guns for me!!!!!!!!! :D

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Or, ya know, wise people who bought mags to last a while will still rock their standard cap wonder9s. :D

I keep posting vids to USPSA/IPDA/IPSC competitions asking people if limited mag capacity and forcing reloads will really make a difference. Not sure if helping or hurting, but it's entertaining.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Or, ya know, wise people who bought mags to last a while will still rock their standard cap wonder9s. :D

I keep posting vids to USPSA/IPDA/IPSC competitions asking people if limited mag capacity and forcing reloads will really make a difference. Not sure if helping or hurting, but it's entertaining.

Did you see the current house bill. They want to ban the transport, sale and Possession of "high" capacity magazines.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Did you see the current house bill. They want to ban the transport, sale and Possession of "high" capacity magazines.

They're going to have a major problem on their hands. That is equal to confiscation.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    You can write anything into a bill... it has to get passed to matter.

Yep. Here is a charming example of that on a local level. This crazy...."woman" never disappoints in the stupidity department. She wants to make it so you will be held liable IF SOMEONE ROBS YOUR HOME AND STEALS A GUN THAT ISN'T LOCKED UP. Typical. NEVER blame the criminal- He may be one of your voters. Screw her. :madfawk:

....and not to start anything- BUT WHO IN THE HELL ARE THE LEOs STANDING BY THIS MORON WHILE SHE SPEWS OUT THIS GARBAGE??:curse:

I really hope they were forced to.

http://www.ksla.com/story/20378556/after-newtown-shooting-la-representative-proposes-lock-box-for-firearms

Top Bottom