Start the Year Right @ Precision Monday

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hammar

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Metairie
    Bring that sucker. This is practice and we can ALL use some practice on the star. I ain't skeered (well, maybe a little but bring it anyway.)

Last edited:

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    My 16 y/o son has been wanting to come shoot and hasn't been able to since he normally has a scout meeting on Monday. School's still out and the meetings coincide with that so he's free tonight.

Two questions; first, any issue with him shooting since he's only 16?

Second, we got a Texas Star for Christmas. Lloyd Landry is one of my son's teachers and told my son you guys may want to shoot it some Monday night. So, will the area used at Precision work for it? If we come, do you guys want me to bring it?

Bring the star and your son!!!

Also, lemme know if you need me to load it in my truck and bring it for ya...

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    I appreciate the offer Nick but it's out at my dad's property in our hangar. We shot it the Saturday after Christmas into our dirt pile backstop. I'll pick it up tomorrow after I work for a little while.

Question; should I bring a sheet of plywood or something to set it up on so the plates don't just fall onto the concrete? :confused: I assume it's a concrete floor in there...

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Concrete shouldn't hurt steel. It might make some noise but we're shooting in there anyway. We have other steel plates that hit the floor with no problem. But if you want to bring whatever.

Beauxdog

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Concrete shouldn't hurt steel. It might make some noise but we're shooting in there anyway. We have other steel plates that hit the floor with no problem. But if you want to bring whatever.

Beauxdog

I was also wondering about the other way around. My wife got us the 8" plates since she wasn't sure of our *ability*. Those things are about 3/8" thick and HEAVY. I'll throw in a piece of plywood just to be on the safe side.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Hey Folks, we had a good shoot last night even if it was a little crowded with 17 shooters. Thanks to CharliePapa for bringing out the dreaded Death Star. Not something everyone gets to practice on all the time.

Don't forget Baker this Wed. night, bring some warm clothes. Start time at 1800 hrs. Call Lloyd if your going @ 225-647-1909.

Beauxdog :)

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Good2go504
    Top Bottom