State Rep let off DWI charges by judge; video shows him pleading with trooper

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    IMHO, the Trooper did his job- and the judge did the offender a political favor. :mad::mad::mad:

If this had been you or I, what do you think would have happened?? Mr. Badon- the "public servant" who's obviously drunk- immediately starts dropping names and asking for special treatment. The trooper- to his credit- remains professional throughout.

"Business as usual in Louisiana", I'm afraid.

Anyway, watch the video. :squint:

http://www.theadvertiser.com/interactive/article/20110622/NEWS01/106220350/Arrest-video-shows-Badon-pleading-state-trooper

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    What ever happen to Bobby Jindal's Sweeping Ethics Reform Bill?

This self entitled pile of s**t should be thrown out of the Legislature.

Kudos to the Trooper, he should feel proud of his performance. I hope he has kids that hear of his diligence and ethic.

Last edited:

rooster

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Lake Charles, LA
    I am glad the case was thrown out but I'm mad it was because he is a political figure. I think DWI laws are dumb and ineffective but no person should be treated special because who they are/know, when in regards to the law.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    "The state police constantly refuse, even in defiance of court orders, to release information which is supportive of innocence on many cases involving ordinary citizens on a regular basis. Yet, in the case of a acquitted public official, who twice publicly admitted his human weaknesses and failings, it uses a different standard."

:puke:

thatguy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Franklinton, La
    I am glad the case was thrown out but I'm mad it was because he is a political figure. I think DWI laws are dumb and ineffective but no person should be treated special because who they are/know, when in regards to the law.

If drunk drivers only killed other drunk drivers I would agree with you.

rooster

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Lake Charles, LA
    You just really don't like laws or cops at all.........

I like LEOs and laws. I just don't like bad ones and I think there are way too many of both.

I think that a better way of dealing with crime is harsh punishment after a crime is committed not trying to make laws that make it harder for a person to commit it.

Last edited:

rooster

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Lake Charles, LA
    In your estimation, how is drunk driving being illegal a bad law?

I went round and round for 3 day about 6 months ago. I really don't feel like typing that much again but feel free to search for the thread. To boil it down, DWI is a victimless and any crime that has no victim except for the person doing the crime is not really a crime at all.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I went round and round for 3 day about 6 months ago. I really don't feel like typing that much again but feel free to search for the thread. To boil it down, DWI is a victimless and any crime that has no victim except for the person doing the crime is not really a crime at all.

No offense, dude- but if that's boiling it down I'd hate to try your crawfish. :dogkeke:

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville

so, I suppose you would have no objection at all if a bunch of drunks were target shooting full auto in the back yard next door to where your kid was playing outside as long as the bullets didn't actually strike the child. Am I right or wrong?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Should we do away with speedlimits within city limits? How about drivers' licenses?

Hell.....why am I required to obtain a pilot's license if I want to fly?

Screw this "astronaut" crap.....I wanna fly the space shuttle!!!!

rooster

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Lake Charles, LA
    so, I suppose you would have no objection at all if a bunch of drunks were target shooting full auto in the back yard next door to where your kid was playing outside as long as the bullets didn't actually strike the child. Am I right or wrong?
    Yes but the likely hood of injury needs to come into play. The vast majority of people that drive drunk are not involved in vehicle incidents. Shooting into my yard while my kid is in the back is criminally negligent or at least reckless. Acting like there is no difference between the two is like saying banning guns would eliminate any risk of gun crimes so lets do that.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    sam, as long as you bring it back with a full tank of gas, and of course, there are no victims, why not?

.......My point exactly!
    happy0144.gif

rooster

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2009
    Lake Charles, LA
    Should we do away with speedlimits within city limits? How about drivers' licenses?

Hell.....why am I required to obtain a pilot's license if I want to fly?

Screw this "astronaut" crap.....I wanna fly the space shuttle!!!!
    Sounds good, if you have the money for a space shuttle then go for it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    McFreddieMercury
    Top Bottom