States and the 10th Amendment

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunAddict

constitutionalist
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    North Monroe, La. area
    I have been keeping an eye on what takes place with the state(s) and the 10th Amendment issue. Got another email update today and this time it is an 'opinion' from the BR Advocate and it shows where they clearly stand on the issue of it. Not what I would hope for needless to say. I guess that goes for most all left leaning liberal media outlets. Here's what they had to say:
    http://www.2theadvocate.com/opinion/56254692.html

Visions of the glories of shelling Fort Sumter apparently dance in the heads of those so agitated about health-care reform that they are grasping at the straw of nullification.

We can only point out that we in the South tried that once. It did not end happily in 1865, and we need to get over the notion.

Louisiana legislators, as those in other states, should not even think about the idea of a state law blocking implementation of federal law in this state — whether one agrees with President Barack Obama’s ideas on health care or not.

Follow the link for the rest of the story:squint::mad:

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Like Travis at the Alamo, we must draw a line in the sand, beyond which we will not allow our enemies to go; no matter the ultimate cost to us.
    Like Travis, Bowie, and Crockett; we may be massacred. All we can hope is that others take up the torch and return the USA to a nation of truly free men. This must be done for our children, our grandchildren, and OUR CONSCIENCES.
    May GOD save the USA !

tigerfan_9

1000 Yard Club
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    New Iberia, LA
    So we should just sit by and let this POS destroy the fabric of OUR country? F THAT! We wouldn't have this country if there weren't good people willing to stand up for what they thought was right.

Saftman

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Lafayette, La.
    I think that La., Texas, Miss., Ala. Ark. Ok. should all join together on this. We would probably do pretty good without the Feds. We have most of the oil, farming and such. A small tax on every barrel of oil and cu. foot of natural gas that flows through the states pipelines would generate some good revenue. Let the rest of the country go down the same path as California has gone. They would probably be willing to return to a free enterprise system after a while.

chrisjfontenot

Fontenot
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Louisiana
    I think that La., Texas, Miss., Ala. Ark. Ok. should all join together on this. We would probably do pretty good without the Feds. We have most of the oil, farming and such. A small tax on every barrel of oil and cu. foot of natural gas that flows through the states pipelines would generate some good revenue. Let the rest of the country go down the same path as California has gone. They would probably be willing to return to a free enterprise system after a while.

Im with you an that!!

kd5hlx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2009
    Gray, La.
    The South will rise again, and the damn liberals won't win . They're against war, atleast against real enemies to the good ole U.S.A. But we have what they need most - food, oil, natural gas, and tax dollars. We could freeze and starve them out this time.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    If free people aren't willing to fight EVERY time someone from without or WITHIN attempts to take away their freedoms, then they will lose it and deserve to be the slaves they will become.

When the day comes that I die, naturally or otherwise, I promise I will die as a free man.

Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    The Houston Chronicle is considered a big newspaper and a major media outlet. Yet, to my understanding, only about 50% of the City of Houston actually subscribes to it. Mom and dad canceled their subscription about 10 years ago. Typical liberal paper. Most Southern newspapers are owned by northern companies.
    The Advocate appears to be an exception, but there are very few true Southern newspaper outlets anymore. So when they spout lines like "We can only point out that we in the South tried that once. It did not end happily in 1865, and we need to get over the notion."
    They are really repeating the old line arrogant yankee line "You lost the war, get over it."

So we're just supposed to accept whatever the national government does according to these people?

Guess what, secession worked in 1776, Nullification worked in 1798 with the Virginia & Kentucky resolutions. What would these people suggest? Disregard the Constitution? Disregard the safety of our own state?

Usually when a newspaper is laughing at you, you're usually doing something right.

Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    Nevermind that 32 states have adopted similar resolutions to block unconstitutional laws (More than half). Nevermind that other historians disagree with the little pipsqueak they cite. Yes there are historians out there, both north and south, that believe that the South WAS right or at least had a legitimate point. Also, states rights is not just a "southern thing" either. New England has threatened secession like 3 or 4 times in it's history. John C. Calhoun is one of the greatest statesmen in South Carolina and U.S. History.

Who the heck is this little blogger? For that matter...who is this paper?

Top Bottom