Stay Frosty people. Another MOB Attack...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Better keep your eyes peeled folks. How many more will it take? How many more until you end up being the victim?

I'm a blonde hair blue eye white male. Therefore according to the NBP I'm a Prime Target.

Matthew Owens beating, put in ICU

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/apr/23/55/man-beaten-mob-critical-condition-ar-3659891/

This guy was no Saint and might have got what was coming to him but what concerns me is this;

Owens was beaten Saturday night in front of his home on Delmar Drive. Witnesses, including Owens sister, say 20 black people attacked Owens with pipes, paint cans and chairs. Owens is still in ICU at USA Medical Center. Weaving in and out of consciousness, Owens told his brother Lloyd, "Don't let me die."

Police continue to downplay the Trayvon Martin connection to the beating. But a neighbor confirms what his sister told News 5. The neighbor, too scared to go on camera, told News 5's Lauren Vargas that they heard one of the suspects say "This is justice for Trayvon" as she drove away.

Be prepared...

Last edited:

Andrew50300

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Uptown NO
    I know it would escalate the situation like crazy, but how many members on this forum would actually allow 20 thugs on their property and not have a firearm ready?

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Although it does appear this guy was a POS, I doubt seriously the mob had "public safety" in mind when they attacked him.
    happy0170.gif

Font%20BOE%20H.jpg
    owever....

I could be wrong. Hell, maybe all of us have been.

Maybe all of these attacks we've been seeing lately have actually been carried out by groups of concerned citizens who have simply had enough with violence against people they've never met in states they've never been to. How can we expect them not to attack people who had nothing to do with the Zimmerman case??? Isn't that how any reasonable person would react? :dunno:

:biglaugh:

Last edited:

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    yes. but w/o knowing his history.. who knows? its the same shitty reporting we get.

a registered sex offender in your neighborhood chasing kids with knives over a basketball?

I read the three articles posted and didn't see mention of any of that. It did say he was arrested for sex abuse (which means...?) but nothing about him being a registered sex offender.

Not saying he didn't deserve a beat down (not saying he did), but anyone that falls into that mob mentality and takes part in nearly beating an unarmed man to death with 20 other people needs to be inhumanely euthenized.

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    we're talking about a group of twenty savages taking the law under their own interpretation and beating a guy on his own property... not a one on one street fight over a particular cause..

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    I'm withholding judgement until we can get more info. I'm not taking up for mob rule. i just don't buy the treyvon link

I'm sure it was said, but it's pretty clear that wasn't the motivation. Just some ignorant fool muttered it at the end. However, racial tensions are notably higher since the Trayvon fiasco.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I'm withholding judgement until we can get more info. I'm not taking up for mob rule. i just don't buy the treyvon link

Agreed.

I don't believe there's much chance this was inspired by what happened to treyvon.

mellow.gif

Okay. Trayvon, maybe- but probably not treyvon.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I too agree that they didn't mop this guy up b/c of what happen to Martin.

It still another MOB attack on a person in their own yard.

With racial tension tweaking, how do you think the word about this will spread around?

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    I too agree that they didn't mop this guy up b/c of what happen to Martin.

It still another MOB attack on a person in their own yard.

With racial tension tweaking, how do you think the word about this will spread around?

This forum is a good indication on how far it will go. This is it. I don't see any national news channel picking it up. Violent black people are not news worthy. It's how society expects them to act. But if you get a latino that you can get away with calling white who shoots a black teenager... Well that's a bigger story than Casey Anthony.

I feel bad for Trayvon Martin. Who knows what he was really like IRL. Probably just a stupid teenager like we all were. But his name has become synonymous with hating white people.

Top Bottom