Strong Talk in NY. Will The People Back It Up? I Think They Will.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Assault-rifle owners statewide are organizing a mass boycott of Gov. Cuomo’s new law mandating they register their weapons, daring officials to “come and take it away,” The Post has learned.

Gun-range owners and gun-rights advocates are encouraging hundreds of thousands of owners to defy the law, saying it’d be the largest act of civil disobedience in state history.

“I’ve heard from hundreds of people that they’re prepared to defy the law, and that number will be magnified by the thousands, by the tens of thousands, when the registration deadline comes,’’ said Brian Olesen, president of the American Shooters Supply, one of the largest gun dealers in the state.
    FIGHTIN’ WORDS: Self-declared gun nut John Noto protests in Albany over the weekend, as many gun lovers planned to defy a new law to register weapons.
    Reuters
    FIGHTIN’ WORDS: Self-declared gun nut John Noto protests in Albany over the weekend, as many gun lovers planned to defy a new law to register weapons.

Officials estimate at least 1 million semiautomatic rifles are owned in the state, sources said.

And come April 15, 2014 — when Cuomo is expected to be running for re-election — they all have to be registered with the State Police.

But because the rifles have been legal but unregistered until now, authorities don’t know who has them or where they are located.

State officials will be nervously watching the registration figures to see how many gun owners comply, sources said.

“I believe you will have people stepping forward, saying, ‘Here I am. See? I have what you call an assault rifle. Now come and take it away,’ ’’ said a gun-rights activist and boycott organizer.

That’s exactly what state officials are worried about.

“Many of these assault-rifle owners aren’t going to register; we realize that,’’ said a Cuomo-administration source who added that officials expect “widespread violations’’ of the new law. Owners who refuse to register could face a class-A misdemeanor — punishable by up to a year in prison.

And an owner’s weapon could also be confiscated, which could be worth several thousands of dollars.

National Rifle Association President David Keene told The Post yesterday that he wasn’t surprised by the planned boycott.

“While we don’t get involved in campaigns to resist the law, I will say this: Historic experience here and in Canada shows that when you try to force gun owners into a registration and licensing system, there’s usually mass opposition and mass noncompliance,” he said. “I think it’s going to be very difficult for the governor to get mass compliance with this new law.”

Leaders of some of the state’s 300 gun clubs, gun dealers and Second Amendment organizations are organizing the boycott — and the heaviest interest is in Suffolk County, the Capital District and the Buffalo region, sources said.

The organizers point to a little-known guarantee of gun ownership contained in New York’s own “Civil Rights Law,” which was ratified the same year as the Constitution .

The state statute says the right to keep and bear arms “cannot be infringed” — stronger than the Second Amendment, which says it “shall not be infringed.’’

“They’re saying, ‘F--- the governor! F--- Cuomo! We’re not going to register our guns,’ and I think they’re serious. People are not going to do it. People are going to resist,’’ said State Rifle and Pistol Association President Tom King, a member of the NRA board of directors. “They’re taking one of our guaranteed civil rights, and they’re taking it away.’’

Olesen said he’ll soon launch a nonprofit, to be called Save the Second Amendment Foundation,’ to fight the new law.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/hit_us_with_your_best_shot_andy_5rxZg0gYBJJhkLBtiTPMfJ

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    But because the rifles have been legal but unregistered until now, authorities don’t know who has them or where they are located.

And there you go.

I'm still waiting on someone to explain why a law-abiding gun owner should be FORCED to acquiesce into letting the state know what type of semi-automatic rifles they have in their private possession.

The ONLY honest answer would be 'because knowing who has them makes it easier to round them up when the time comes.'

I pray the good people of NY stand up to these thugs (and that's EXACTLY what these buffoons are) and keep their weapons information exactly the way it's meant to be- PRIVATE. :madfawk:

But rest assured that what will come next are the Gestapo-like tactics of offering rewards/incentives for turning in your neighbors who refuse to be complient. Just watch.

Disgraceful. LEAVE THE HONEST CITIZENS ALONE. :mad:

csbutton

Unreconstructed
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Dont confuse the sheeple of the larger cities in New York with the rest of the state...I've worked with dozens of guys from more rural areas of New York State, and found them to be as patriotic, independant, conservative, and gun loving as most on this forum...they just sound a whole lot different. Its not unlikely that they do just as the article describes, and I hope they do!

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    The ONLY honest answer would be 'because knowing who has them makes it easier to round them up when the time comes.'
    :mad:
    of course that's what they're planning. They're following the manual and taking steps in the correct order. And I believe the plot has already been exposed via video. Just wish I could post it again at this time.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Dont confuse the sheeple of the larger cities in New York with the rest of the state...I've worked with dozens of guys from more rural areas of New York State, and found them to be as patriotic, independant, conservative, and gun loving as most on this forum...they just sound a whole lot different. Its not unlikely that they do just as the article describes, and I hope they do!

It's a beautiful state. The NYC and a few other areas are the only "bad" parts. If not for that, I would love to live there. Insanely pretty.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Guys. Imagine if we were in their shoes. I may be a reality for us in our lifetime. The anti's are like rabid dogs never giving up.

Governments ALWAYS get more oppressive without a major shift or change to stop the process. If we live long enough, we will be in their shoes :(

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    SHhhhhh don't speak too loud, they may start saying they're all crazies, and for heaven's sake we don't want them to damage the 2nd amendment movement now would we? sic... :rolleyes:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    SHhhhhh don't speak too loud, they may start saying they're all crazies, and for heaven's sake we don't want them to damage the 2nd amendment movement now would we? sic... :rolleyes:

No, someone would call you crazy if you said Obama did this with an EO. The legislature did this, which is what numerous people told you would have to happen.

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    No, someone would call you crazy if you said Obama did this with an EO. The legislature did this, which is what numerous people told you would have to happen.

Shhhh You're going to be called a crazie.... After all, everyone knows they would never use executive powers to take away our rights...

tumblr_m3u96cRXlU1qgvyo3o1_500.jpg

japanese-internment.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_American_internment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_9066

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Take a look at the link I posted about the show that recently aired on LPB. We have more than a few folks right here at home that appear to have a "NY State Of Mind" when it comes to firearms laws. :dunno:

We must stay vigilant.....

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Last edited:

Dgraham225

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Denham springs
    Well all BS aside, New York is in a tough spot right now. Stricter legislation put in place in merely hours wit little chance of reconciliation, that is tough to swallow. The opposition didn't have much of an opportunity to voice their opinion and/or try and sway the populace towards more reasonable grounds.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Barack Obama may not be able to accomplish the banners' dreams through executive order (Thank God), but he is NOT a friend of the Second Amendment. I believe he is indeed a threat to our firearms rights as we currently know them- and I would not underestimate his willingness to circumvent the current rules in order to achieve certain goals. Fast And Furious is a very plausible example of this that has YET to be fully addressed- and likely never will be.

We should be concerned about future Supreme Court nominees by this man.

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    Barack Obama may not be able to accomplish the banners' dreams through executive order (Thank God), but he is NOT a friend of the Second Amendment. I believe he is indeed a threat to our firearms rights as we currently know them- and I would not underestimate his willingness to circumvent the current rules in order to achieve certain goals. Fast And Furious is a very plausible example of this that has YET to be fully addressed- and likely never will be.

We should be concerned about future Supreme Court nominees by this man.

This applies to all Government. They will do what they want to and do their level best to get away with it and have many many times over. I still find it so ironic that those that voice so loudly about these abuses still believe that the upsurpers somehow are 'playing by the rules' ...lol.

Naive at best, pure and utter stupidity at worse. Somewhere in the middle are all the enablers with their willful ignorance on the subject.

Gentlemen, we are fighting the same battle by extension that was started at the founding of our country. Federalist vrs AntiFederalist.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Top Bottom