Strong Talk in NY. Will The People Back It Up? I Think They Will.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    This applies to all Government. They will do what they want to and do their level best to get away with it and have many many times over. I still find it so ironic that those that voice so loudly about these abuses still believe that the upsurpers somehow are 'playing by the rules' ...lol.

Naive at best, pure and utter stupidity at worse. Somewhere in the middle are all the enablers with their willful ignorance on the subject.

Gentlemen, we are fighting the same battle by extension that was started at the founding of our country. Federalist vrs AntiFederalist.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Yes- it's a sad fact. Well, we sure as hell can't say they (The Founders) didn't warn us- and they even put it down in writing. :dunno:

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    No, someone would call you crazy if you said Obama did this with an EO. The legislature did this, which is what numerous people told you would have to happen.

Does it really matter WHO did this????? So what if it was just "one man" or a group of freedom sucking vampires that just happen to be called legislators! It does not matter WHO did it. We know who did it.... the freaking liberals that want US all to have to ask THEM then and if we can take a ****!!! Yea, that's coming to, just wait. This crap in NY shows that they CAN do it, but only if people LET them do it.

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    Does it really matter WHO did this????? So what if it was just "one man" or a group of freedom sucking vampires that just happen to be called legislators! It does not matter WHO did it. We know who did it.... the freaking liberals that want US all to have to ask THEM then and if we can take a ****!!! Yea, that's coming to, just wait. This crap in NY shows that they CAN do it, but only if people LET them do it.

Here Here!

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    tumblr_m3u96cRXlU1qgvyo3o1_500.jpg

japanese-internment.jpg

What a sobering image huh? Looks like Nazi Germany but it's right here in the good old US of A. "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Keep on thinking that. You know, the good thing is there is a cure for Ignorance....

I don't understand why you are using the example of an EO authorized by congress to try to combat the sentiment that the president won't use an EO to ban assault weapons(something not authorized by congress). Nobody is debating that legislative action can pass gun laws, it has happened hundreds of times, the contention comes when people start saying an illegal EO will be the method of restriction.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

You're absolutely right, they can. I'm not saying they can't, I'm saying it won't come from an illegal EO.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I do find it a little humorous that the Goons in NY are now going to face resistance to the mandatory registration- and are forced to admit they don't know who-has-what because the weapons haven't been registered.

Thanks for proving our point, @ssholes. :thumbsup:

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    I don't understand why you are using the example of an EO authorized by congress to try to combat the sentiment that the president won't use an EO to ban assault weapons(something not authorized by congress). Nobody is debating that legislative action can pass gun laws, it has happened hundreds of times, the contention comes when people start saying an illegal EO will be the method of restriction.

Because - If it violates the CONSTITUTION, it does not matter WHO authorised it.... Your assertion that the president would somehow have to follow congress's will with EO is meaningless because the action has taken place with japanese internment. That was a BLATANT violation of those people's rights. What makes you think any other part of the constitution somehow is sacred? LOL. Hell lincoln used it to ARREST and DETAIN without charges members of the Supreme Court in 1861... So the POINT is this - they will do what they want to any way they want to you and I be damned and congress be damned. Wake up sir and smell what's been cooking for the past 150+ years....

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    So if tomorrow, "congress authorizes the executive branch the power to ban guns by excutive order" then you'll be ok with it? Will that then make it "legal"?

Have I said anything to make you think that is the case? I'm just a realist who doesn't believe in fear mongering. I feel as though our time and energy is better spent on defending attacks from the realm of at least moderate possibility. Getting freaked out over an EO that wasn't going to happen from the start distracted us from more important issues and was a waste of time and energy. You repeatedly bringing up tin hats just makes you look like you're mentally sore and trying to provoke an argument. It doesn't help your cause that I said it wouldn't happen and Biden admitted it isn't within their power.

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    Have I said anything to make you think that is the case? I'm just a realist who doesn't believe in fear mongering. I feel as though our time and energy is better spent on defending attacks from the realm of at least moderate possibility. Getting freaked out over an EO that wasn't going to happen from the start distracted us from more important issues and was a waste of time and energy. You repeatedly bringing up tin hats just makes you look like you're mentally sore and trying to provoke an argument. It doesn't help your cause that I said it wouldn't happen and Biden admitted it isn't within their power.

So answer the question then.

Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    But rest assured that what will come next are the Gestapo-like tactics of offering rewards/incentives for turning in your neighbors who refuse to be complient. Just watch.
    :

Sounds like a great opportunity to find out if any in the media are hiding guns

Top Bottom